☩『Shinki x Reader』☩

Requested

MAKEUP WAS SOMETHING (Y/N) HAD A KNACK FOR. Ever since she was a child, the art of holding a brush to skin became natural to her. The vibrant palettes, flushed pigments, shimmering highlighters, it was like painting a drawing, except that the canvas was someone's face.

As a citizen of The Hidden Sand, makeup was common, so she often got to practice her craft. And because of her skill, she found herself in the apartment of her teammate, Shinki. Shinki was a fierce fighter, a person who strived for the best and to be the best. But it was because of that, he got quite badly injured in the recent chunin exams.

After Boruto, the seventh hokages son, cheated his way to victory, Shinkis body was aching from head to toe. He had sustained quite the injury after withstanding a strike from Borutos purple lightning- and the image of him being launched to the wall, knocked out cold, still sent shivers down the girls spine. To see him so defenceless and humiliated...she could only imagine what the boy was thinking.

It was only a day after the fight so Shinkis body was still too frigid to do something as precise as makeup without making a mistake. And as the Kazekages adopted son, Shinki needed to look perfect. (Y/N) found it rather cute at times, his obsession for making an impression. She understood where it came from, but after seeing him spend hours on perfecting his face paint and making sure he was decently presentable, she couldn't take him seriously anymore without smirking.

And yet, Shinki couldn't stop twitching.

He was ticklish.

"Shinki, stop moving your head!" I huffed in annoyance, retracting the makeup brush from his twitching face

"You're getting too close to my nose" He stated bluntly, completely ignoring the fact that I was eyeing him down, a scowl forming.

"Well I'm sorry, now hold still..." Shinki relaxed his muscles, his face returning to a neutral expression. That was his go-sign.

The tip of the brush once again made contact with his cheek, this time drawing a straight line down his cheekbone. It traced his jawline, running across his blemished skin before joining back up with its beginning. The first part of his face was complete, all that was left to do was colour the odd pattern in and repeat.

(Y/N) shuffled in her position, getting closer to the young boys face the harder she concentrated. She was knelt down onto the edge of the bed, where Shinki was resting. This made it less awkward compared to straddling him but either way, she was far too close for Shinkis liking. His emerald green eyes never broke from hers, analysing her and her every movement. It wasn't every day he let someone this close, so he was hesitant. He could feel her rhythmic breathing run down his neck; all the harder to stay still, let alone not blush.

'This is pathetic, I should've never asked her to help' The young boy was already humiliated from the recent fight, and now this? To have his makeup done by his teamate and get flustered about it? He scowled at the girl "If word gets out that you had to help me, I will never forgive you" He huffed, shifting uncomfortably.

(Y/N) sighed, his comment confirming her suspicions "Don't feel embarrassed to ask for help, just because you're the Kazekages son, that doesn't mean you have to do everything yourself." She rolled her eyes "But if it makes you feel better, I won't, promise"

A comfortable silence broke between the two as (Y/N) resumed her work. She hoped that this experience would help Shinki grow more accepting to support. He carried quite a lot of stress on his shoulders—it was time he relaxed a bit. And relaxed he was, for he was no longer tense, but docile with every agile brush stroke. He was getting accustomed to my touch, maybe even attached to it.

Shinki from a young age was deprived of love. Loosing his biological parents to his overwhelming strength, the only form of attention (let alone affection he received) was from Gaaras compliments. And the only time he got them was when he accomplished a mission. Thus, his whole being became dedicated to fulfilling missions; making sure that his father was happy with him. There was an underlining fear that poisoned the boys mind whenever he failed to meet his fathers expectations...

That maybe one day, if he becomes a nuisance, Gaara will abandon him.

Just like everyone else.

"Nearly done..." (Y/N) mumbled under her breath, seconds away from completing the base of the second marking. That was when she reached the base of his nose. Shinkis face suddenly scrunched up before pulling away "hey what are you-"

"ACHOO!"

(Y/N) sat there in shock, watching the young boy regain his composure. Shinki... sneezes like that? It was adorable. She wanted to laugh—to make a sound, but she didn't. At least, not before Shinki did. She didn't want to break his trust by laughing at him for something he couldn't control.

Shinki rubbed his nose with the sleeve of his top "I told you to not get so close" He mumbled in annoyance. And I sighed in response. "How else am I supposed to finish the mark?"

Suddenly, the makeup brush was snatched out of my hand and held in Shinkis grasp. "Like this." Grabbing a nearby mirror on his desk, the young boy fumbled with the brush. I watched from afar, still on the floor, as he struggled to draw a straight line across his cheek. His distinct features were scrunched into intense concentration, desperate to prove me wrong. But just like before, his hands wouldn't stop shaking. His nerves were still haywire after such an intense fight.

A smug grin curled up my lips. "Need help?"

Shinki scowled in the mirror, cursing under his breath as he observed the wonky line he conjured. It was nowhere near as straight or defined as mine were, and it stood out like a sore thumb. Finally, Shinki realised that he had no other option.

He mumbled under his breath "...yes..."

I smiled victoriously at the young boy, patting at the vacant space infront of me on the floor. Shinki slumped to the spot I pointed to and returned to his silent persona.

I gingerly took the brush from his hand and dipped it once more in the crimson pigment before returning to painting his face. But first, I had to remove that horrendous marking of his. "Wait here for a sec" I got to my feet and semi-jogged to the apartments bathroom. Flicking the light switch on, I grabbed a bag of wet wipes before returning to the boy. Shinkis apartment itself was modestly sized with modestly styled furniture. It was rented for the week for the chunin exams, so aesthetics weren't fussed over.

"I got some wet wipes, hold still" I returned to the cold wooden flooring with the wet wipes in hand. I placed the bag down and took one wipe. Shinki watched calmly as I leaned in once more, the tip of the cold fabric rubbing out the red marking with precision.

"I can do it myself you know" The smudge finally began to fade, leading for my eyes to suddenly make contact with his. His glossy, emerald eyes— they clashed with my dull (E/C) ones, the beautiful colours breathing life into his handsome face. Even without the makeup, his face was a work of art.

I finally pulled away, eyes to the floor and head down. Shinki did so too, except he failed on hiding his blush like I did. Was he always this handsome? His biological parents must have some really good genes if he turned out like this...

I cleared my throat and grabbed the pigmented makeup brush. This time, I was able to use one hand to draw and the other to tilt Shinkis head whenever need be. And this time, he wasn't complaining with how close I was becoming.

—•—
Thank you for reading