♖『Shikadai x Reader』♖

"BORUTO...I DONT THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA" Those words weren't new to the young Uzumaki, and it certainly wasn't new to all who said it. It was a warm summers day in the Hidden Leaf and Boruto, Shikadai and (Y/N) decided to use their free time to train in the harsh heat. With the sun pounding against their backs, it was the perfect condition to burn some calories.

But alas, their plans of a smooth sailing training day had to come to a halt as Boruto decided to pull something stupid off. The "genius" himself decided that if he were to compress his wind rasengan when falling to the ground, it could propel him upward into the sky- like a cushioned bounce. And the one way to test that theory out was to throw yourself off a tree. A long, tall, tree.

Shikadai and I were openly against the idea, watching with horror from below as the boy prepared himself for the dive "Boruto, this is stupid! What if this doesn't work as planned!?" Shikadai yelled, his shadow possession jutsu on the ready. I agreed with the boy, feeling a bit more comforted that I wasn't the only reasonable one here "He's right Boruto! Jumping off a rock sounds more reasonable, not a fricken TREE!"

Boruto, rolling up his sleeves, brushed us off "Listen, you took the medical ninjutsu class, right? I'm sure a broken arm is nothing for you" I stood there, baffled at his words before clenching my teeth with rage "IT WAS A MINOUR COURSE YOU IDIOT!!" Out of all the people he was relying on, it was me, a barely-classified medical ninja! I only took the course because lady Sakura enforced having at least one member of each team to know the basics.

I shot Shikadai a pleading look, maybe he'd be able to stop him, he is his best friend after all. Shikadai got the hint fast "She's right Boruto, it was a minor course, what gave you this stupid idea anyway?" Boruto stiffened at the comment, growing impatient that his friends weren't allowing him to see this through.

"It's not a stupid idea! Besides, I saw my dad do it a hundred times"

I snapped back "You mean the seventh Hokage? A person who has a hundred times more chakra than you do? Your rasengans aren't even the same!"

My comment didn't sit well with the boy as he began infusing his chakra with the palm of his hand. "Oh yeah? Well I'll show you that I'm better than my dad! Believe it!" And just like that, he took the leap of faith. Time slowed down into mere seconds, the both of us watching helplessly as the boy began reaching the ground.

Shikadais usual, nonchalant expression twisted with fear. I closed my eyes at this, waiting for the horrid impact. And then it struck.

BANG

—•—

"I TOLD you it was a bad idea! But what did you do? YOU JUMPED! You actually JUMPED!" My fingers dug into the boys skin, furiously wrapping the bandage around his fractured arm. Words could not describe my anger, how could he be so foolish? "Aye aye aye! Easy with the claws!" Boruto swatted my hand with his free one but backed down when seeing my furious scowl.

"Okay...so maybe it wasn't the greatest idea but It worked! You saw me right? I flew a good meter in the air!" The boy flashed a handsome grin "I knew my calculations were correct!" I fastened the bandage with a hard tug, making the boy flinch as I sealed the fabric together "Oh? And did you calculate what you were going to do once you were in the air?"

That was when he paused. A sheepish grin curled up his lips "Eheh...I was too caught up in the plan to think that far, but hey, I was right about you having my back? Wasn't I?" He pointed at me, watching calmly as I tended to his fractured arm. The idiot injured himself in the aftershock, meaning that the injury was not as bad as initially thought. He still fractured a bone though.

"Oh shut it" I huffed in annoyance, then turned to the young Nara who was digging through the first aid kit " Oi, Shikadai" He turned to face me, antibacterial in hand.

"Yeah?"

"Pass the safety clips, I'm done with his arm"

Shikadai nodded in response and dug through the bag, before taking out two safety clips and chucking them at me. I caught the two easily and began securing the bandage onto Borutos arm. "You're lucky my mum packed a first aid kit in my bag or else we'd have to get an adult to help" Shikadai sighed "And that'd be such a drag..."

Boruto chuckled nervously "Yeah you're right, my mum would give me an earful for trying something so risky" I found myself wishing that would happen, maybe then he'd be more reasonable with his experiments...

"Oi, now that I think about it" Boruto pointed at me, then at Shikadai "You two act like total parents, heck, you two should be married or something!" I slapped the blonde across the arm "Hey! Don't say such ridiculous things!" I couldn't hide the blush that was forming across my cheeks well, leading for me to face away from the two boys. It was painfully obvious.

"ACK! not the arm! It's sensitive!" Boruto rubbed his bandages with care, trying to ease the pain from such a harsh slap. Shikadai however, wasn't having it "Tch, that's what you get for teasing a girl" He mumbled under his breath "Wait till she's grown...she'll give you harsher ones" A memory dawned upon him, a memory of when he had a bright red marking plastered across his cheek; one given to him by his mum for talking back.

Just like my mum...

He shivered at the memory before noticing (Y/N) staring daggers at him from across the floor "Oh? So you like the thought of me being your wife or something?" Boruto made a "Oooooh busted" before snickering behind a hand. A cold breeze brushed past the Nara as he raised his hands in defence "N-no! That's stupid, you're just a f-friend..." Shikadai soon succumbed to embarrassment as blood rushed to his cheeks. He was never good with women, and he'd doubt he'd be good any time soon.

The young girl puffed her rosy cheeks out "Good. Now let's go get some food, I'm starving after all this mess" Boruto jumped at the idea, getting to his feet messily with a hungry expression clear on his face "Dibs on Thunder burgers! I haven't had one in ages!" Shikadai relaxed at the mention of food, a topic he could easily agree on "That sounds good, I could go for a burger"

I dusted my hands and rose to my feet too "Then it's settled, Borutos paying because of the mess he caused" Suddenly, the ecstatic expression on Borutos face melted away "Hey! That's no fair!" Shikadai chimed in, not letting the opportunity of getting a free meal pass him by "Technically, as your 'parents' we can say that you've caused enough trouble, so it's fair." He pulled a calm smile and glanced back at me "Medical ninjitsu is no easy feat either, you owe (Y/N) one."

Ganged up on and defenceless, Boruto sighed in defeat "Ugh, fiiine. Thanks for healing my arm by the way, (Y/N)" I brushed a strand of (H/C) hair behind my ears, flustered at Shikadais compliment. It isn't every day someone appreciates how hard it is to learn Medical ninjitsu."Oh it's nothing, as long as I'm getting rewarded"

The three genins began their walk back to the village, discussing what flavour burgers they were going to order and what deals they might've gotten to cut the price. In the end, all of that ruckus earned them a nice treat to finish the day.

—•—
Thank you for reading