♬ 『Wasabi x Reader』♬

YOU ALWAYS LIKED THE SOUND OF MUSIC. It spoke to you in ways words couldn't. The bop of the head, the tap of the foot- the rhythm itself was a language of its own. So you had a mini skip in your stride as you made it down the busy market street.

Wasabi, a classmate and friend of yours, was also by your side. The two of you were connected by a pair of shared earphones, you having the right earbud whilst she had the left. It was a normal day in the hidden leaf village and the two of you were both equally bored- homework was the only thing waiting for the both of you at home, and that didn't seem like a viable option. So, what did the two of you decide to do?

Go to a pet shelter.

Okay, so Wasabi initially wanted to go to the park to mess around with some ducks, but you weren't in a duck-terrorising mood. A week of work left you exhausted in more ways than one. But there was a new pet shelter down the street and the both of you liked animals.

Your eyes wandered to the little cat tail attached to Wasabis behind, watching as it bounced along with her stride. If her special move didn't give it away, then her outfit did- Wasabi was a cat person. And you, you also liked cats...a bit too much.

Maybe that was why you were holding her hand, sharing earphones with her and sneaking in occasional glances towards her direction. Okay, so maybe you weren't a cat person, but you were a Wasabi person. A big Wasabi person. The type of person who would actively send her dorky emails and spend your free time goofing around in skateparks with her.

Heck, you bought a skateboard just to ride it with her when it got dark outside. And for the record, you were not good with skateboards, but if it meant spending time with her...a couple of bruises from trying to ride wasn't that bad.

What got you so interested in Wasabi in the first place was probably how cool she was. Her clothes, her ability, the way she was so laid back...Compared to clumsy, shy, normal you, she was like an idol. She was just a teenager being a teenager, and you were just a teenager acting like a love-sick puppy.

"Hey, you fancy a slushie? That shop over there makes some pretty awesome ones" The sound of Wasabis voice snapped you out of your thoughts. She pointed towards the direction of a corner shop, the rumbling slushie machines being visible through the window. They had all sorts of colours and flavours- even a black one. You wondered how that would taste.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind"

—•—

You said you wouldn't mind a slushie- and you really didn't! But as you took a sip from the chilly cup, you couldn't help but squeal internally as Wasabi also did so. You being the idiot you were, you didn't bring enough money to buy one for you own. Scrambling out of the house last minute because you slept in was the main reason for this. But like the saint she is, Wasabi offered to share.

"Wow, who knew slushie could be fizzy" I chuckled at Wasabis odd reaction to the drink. Her face was scrunched up from a mini brain freeze and her pearly teeth bit into her lip. "Did you get a brain freeze?" I said.

Wasabi cringed "My brain was assaulted by the cold and the fizzy-ness. All that's left is just a mixture of ice..." You laughed even harder, making her soon join in "Dude, you're the type of person to take a bite out of their ice lolly!" Wasabi paused, tilting her head to the side in confusion "Wait, you don't bite out of your ice lolly?..."

You turned to look at her, trying to figure out if she was serious. Taking a bite out of an icelolly and enjoying it sounded on the lines of a crime. How could someone could actually enjoy that? But that was when a sly cheshire grin curled up Wasabis lips "Just kidding! I'm not weird like Mitsuki"