Chapter 1: Sunset Curve

Ok, Hi, and welcome to my Julie and the Phantoms fanfiction! I decided to write this story because when I first watched the show, my mind immediately went to writing this story for y'all! So I hope you like it!

Ok, I am only saying this once so I don't have to say it every chapter -> Disclaimer: I don't own any of the videos, pictures, or characters in this story; all that belongs to the great Kenny Ortega; I only own my OCs and my OC dialogue. 

Maya's POV* 1995

I was cleaning tables in the Orpheum when Rose, my friend, walked up to me. "Maya, did you hear about this band called Sunset Curve? Apparently, they're playing here tonight and they're supposed to be really good." Rose said to me as I looked at her.

"Yea I heard of them. Alex, Reggie, Luke, and Bobby. They're like 17." I responded as I continued to wipe down the table.

"17 and amazing!" Rose then exclaimed as I looked at her.

"I've worked here for years and have seen tons of amazing bands. It'll take a lot to impress me at this point." I told her as there was some mic feedback since the boys were getting ready to play; an electric guitar riff started playing as Rose and I all looked at the stage, seeing the four boys starting their sound rehearsal. 

[Alex] 
1, 2, 3!

[Luke] 
Take off, last stop. 
Countdown till we blast open the top. 
Face first, full charge. 
Electric hammer to the heart

[All]
Clocks move faster. 
Cause it's all we're after now, oh. 
Won't stop climbing. 
Cause this is our time, yeah

[Luke]
When all the days felt black and white. 
Those were the best shades of my life

[All, Luke]
Don't look down. 
Cause we're still rising up right now. 
And even if we hit the ground. 
We'll still fly. Keep dreaming like we'll live forever. 
But live it like it's now or never

[Alex, Reggie]. 
We ain't searching for tomorrow (Tomorrow). 
Cause we got all we need today (Today)

[Luke] 
Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins

[Reggie] 
We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain

[All, Luke
Don't look down. 
Cause we're still rising up right now. 
And even if we hit the ground. 
We'll still fly. Keep dreaming like we'll live forever. 
But live it like it's now or never. 

It's now or never (Now or never)

Once the boys finished playing, the sound crew applauded them as Rose looked at me, smirking before looking at the boys again. "Whoo! Yea!" Rose then exclaimed, clapping as the boys looked at the two of us, smiling and laughing.

"Thank you! We're Sunset Curve!" Reggie then exclaimed in his mic and he looked at me before winking.

"You got a wink from Reggie." Rose said to me as I looked at her again.

"It's nothing, Rose." I told her as I continued to wipe down the table.

"Come on. I know you, Maya. You're impressed." Rose then said to me as I glanced up again, seeing the boys jumping off the stage.

"Ok, I'll admit. They were pretty good." I said to Rose as she just smirked at me.

"Hey, Bobby. Where you going?" I heard Luke ask as Rose and I both looked up, seeing the boys walking over to us.

"I'm good." Bobby told him as he leaned on the table I just cleaned. "Vegetarian. I could never hurt an animal." he continued, looking at the two of us as Luke, Reggie, and Alex also walked up to us.

"You guys are really good." Rose then said as the boys looked at her.

"Thank you." Luke responded, smiling as he rested his elbow on Bobby's shoulder.

"We've seen a lot of bands. Been in a few ourselves. I was really feeling it and I could tell Rose was too." I then said to the boys.

"That's what we do this for. I'm Luke, by the way." Luke then said, introducing himself to us even though we already know who he and his bandmates are.

"Hi, I'm Reggie." Reggie then introduced.

"Alex." Alex continued on.

"Bobby." Bobby then said to me and Rose as he subtly pushed Luke behind him.

"Nice meeting you guys." Rose said to the boys as Luke gave Bobby a wet willy. "I'm Rose, and this is my friend, Maya." she continued, motioning to herself and me as I gave the boys a half-wave.

"Oh, uh, here's our demo." Reggie then said as he handed me and Rose each a CD of Sunset Curve. "And a T-shirt. Size beautifuls." he continued as he then handed me and Rose each a T-shirt; Alex groaned as Rose and I both took the shirts from him.

"Thanks." Rose then said as we both looked at the shirt. 

"We'll make sure not to wipe the tables down with these." I said to Reggie as I flung the shirt onto my shoulder.

"Oh, good call. Whenever they get wet, they just kinda fall apart in your hands." Alex then said to Rose and me as I just looked at him.

"Don't you guys have to go get hot dogs?" Bobby then asked the three boys as they all looked at him.

"Yea." Luke started as he pushed Bobby behind him, Luke now leaning up against the table, "He had a hamburger for lunch." Luke continued to me and Rose as Luke, Reggie, and Alex walked away. 

Ok, guys, that's the first chapter! I am so sorry that that chapter was super short but trust me, the future ones will be longer. 

StarWarrior...signing off!