Chapter 19: Dance

Ash's POV*

"Is everybody fired up for Julie, Ash, and the Phantoms?" Flynn asked the crowd as I started to pace backstage since we're supposed to be going on any minute, but the guys still aren't here yet. "Great! Keep that fire cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats." Flynn then said to the crowd, turning the music back up as everyone cheered again; Julie and I looked at each other as Flynn walked up to the two of us.

"Julie, Ash, and the Phantoms?" Julie questioned Flynn as she just shrugged.

"I had some free time in French class. And you two better like it because I registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter..." Flynn then started to list as I cut her off.

"We love it." I told Flynn, smiling as she stopped talking. "But I think we'd love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here." I then said as Julie nodded; Flynn looked behind us, pointing before walking away; confused, Julie and I turned around to see Nick and Ethan walking up to us.

"Ethan!" I said, laughing awkwardly as the boys stood in front of us.

"Look, Flynn! It's Nick and Ethan." Julie then said, looking at Flynn before looking back at the boys.

"Thanks for the introduction." Nick joked as Ethan just laughed a little.

"So, I see you two made it." I said to the boys, putting my hands in my pant pockets.

"Wouldn't miss it. The truth is, both Ethan and I can't wait to see you two play again." Nick responded, smiling as Ethan nodded, agreeing with him. 

"Your song has been stuck in Nick's head for weeks. It's getting a little annoying to how many times I catch him humming to it." Ethan then said to us, crossing his arms as he looked at Nick, who just shrugged in response.

"Well, someone should let it out." Julie then said to Nick as we all looked at her. "I don't know what that meant, either." she then said, looking down as Nick laughed a little.

"Ash, I like your outfit. So much...mesh." Ethan then said to me, smiling as I let out a small laugh, looking at him.

"Thanks. I'm a sucker for mesh." I told Ethan, shrugging, and putting my hand on my hips...ok, fine. A little bit of it may be for Reggie. Don't judge me. 

"I can't tell if the crowd is getting restless or bored. Never a good sign." I heard Carrie say as she walked backstage, walking up to the four of us. "Oh, hi, Julie. Ash. Got a new bag?" she then asked, motioning to the projector in Julie's grip.

"It's actually the hologram projector. Just upgraded it." I told her as I took the projector from Julie, holding it.

"Oh, so simple. You know, I was expecting something a little more...sophisticated." Carrie responded and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"It's on the inside that counts." Julie told her as she just snickered.

"Yea, that's what a lot of people have to tell themselves." Carrie responded as Julie and I just looked at her, definitely not amused. "Come on, Nick." Carrie then said to her boyfriend as she walked away; he nodded, giving Julie one more look before walking away.

"Ethan, let's go." Nick then said to him as Ethan nodded.

"See you later, Ash." Ethan said to me, smiling as he walked away after Nick and Carrie. I then handed the projector back to Julie as I pulled out my phone, seeing that it was 9:15, the boys were 15 minutes late.

"Where are you?" I then muttered to myself as I put my phone back in my back pocket.

"Keep it funky, y'all!" I then heard Flynn shout to the crowd as I sighed, sitting down on the ground, leaning against the filing cabinet.