Chapter 6: Talk

Ash's POV*

Julie and I ran through the back gate, running up to the studio. "What do they think they're doing?" I questioned Julie as I opened the studio doors; Julie and I walked in, standing in front of the boys.

"Guys! Guys, stop!" Julie yelled, but I could hardly hear her over the boys' music. "Enough! Stop! Cut it out!" Julie yelled again as the boys all looked at us, still playing; the boys then hit their last notes as I looked at the three of them, annoyed.

"Are you guys not aware that rock music is not quiet? The entire neighborhood could probably hear you guys." I told the three boys, my arms crossed as Luke looked at us, shocked.

"Wait, people can hear us play?" Luke asked the two of us.

"Yes! And so did my dad and my brother!" Julie then exclaimed as Luke and Reggie took off their guitars, putting them on their guitar stands.

"W-w-wait. Wait." Alex started, standing up as I looked at him. "So, only you two can see us, but everyone can hear us?" Alex then asked us as Luke nodded, smiling. "I mean, what kind of ghosts are we?" Alex then asked his friends.

"Who cares, man? People can hear us play!" Luke exclaimed, grinning as the three of them fist-bumped.

"We might be dead, but our music isn't." Reggie then said to Luke and Alex, smirking. Suddenly, the studio door opened as Ray walked inside.

"Dad!" Julie exclaimed as he walked up to us.

"Hey. Just making sure you two are ok." he greeted Julie and me.

"Yea, we're fine. Just had to turn off the CD player." I told him, motioning to the CD player in the corner of the studio.

"Wait. Is this the junk that was in the loft?" Ray then asked as he turned to look at the speakers, guitars, and the drum set.

"Junk?" Luke questioned even though Ray can't hear or see him. Ray walked over to Alex's drum set as he started to lightly bang his hands on the drums.

"Some of this stuff's in pretty good shape." Ray then said as he ran his fingers along the cymbals. "Hey, maybe we can make a couple of bucks." Ray continued as he looked back at me and Julie.

"What? Yo, stop touching my drums." Alex told Ray, but of course, Ray didn't hear him. "Tell him to stop touching my drums. Ash, tell him to stop touching my drums." Alex then told me as I looked at him before looking at Ray.

"Ray, the drum set is pretty old. We should leave it alone so nothing gets ruined." I then said to Ray as he looked at me.

"Yea, good idea." he responded, walking away from the drum set as Alex steadied his cymbals. "I like that song you two had on." Ray then said as he walked back over to me and Julie.

"Sweet! We're Sunset Curve, tell your friends." Reggie then said to Ray as he and Luke walked over to him.

"It's just an old CD I found in the loft." I told Ray, shrugging.

"Well, still, it's nice that Julie's listening to music again." Ray then said as the boys looked at the two of us. "Out here you can play whatever you want, whenever you want." he continued as he accidentally put his hands through Reggie and Luke; they jumped in surprise but Ray didn't notice anything different.

"Oh, that's nice." Reggie then said as I looked at him.

"Stay out of this." Julie told Reggie, but Ray looked at her since hethought she was talking to him.

"I-I'm sorry, honey. I didn't..." Ray started as I cut him off.

"Oh no, no, no, no. Not you. Julie meant...uh...you know, can you just give me and Julie a minute?" I then asked him, shooting Julie a look as she walked up to her dad, grabbing his wrist and dragging him outside.