Chapter 27: Edge of Great

Ash's POV*

I ran out of the gym as Julie ran after me. I ran into the hallway, leaning against a random locker as Julie walked up to me. "Hey, you ok?" Julie asked me as I looked at her. 

"Let's walk." I said to her as she nodded; the two of us started to walk down the hallway together.

"I'll ask you again, are you ok, Ash?" Julie asked me as I looked at her again before shaking my head. 

"No. When I was dancing with Ethan, I looked over and next thing I know..." I started as I sighed before stopping.

"You were dancing with Reggie." she finished for me as I looked at her, the two of us walking into the music room.

"I mean...yea. And you were there with Luke." I then told her as she walked over to the piano.

"I had the same thing." Julie started as I looked at her. "I was dancing with Nick, then Luke and Reggie just walked through the mirror, walking up to the two of us." She continued as I nodded.

"That's exactly how it happened!" I told her as I walked over to a school guitar. "And the song was so beautiful." I added as I picked up the acoustic guitar. Julie and I then started playing the chorus of that song on our instruments as I smiled, thinking of Reggie again. "I think it went something like, the truth is finally breaking through," I started strumming as I sang along to what I remember. 

"Two worlds collide when I'm with you," Julie then sang as she played along on the piano.

"Our voices raise and soar so high. We come to life when we're...in Perfect Harmony." Julie and I both sang before we stopped. 

"You mind if I write the song down in my diary?" I then asked Julie as she took her hands off the piano keys. 

"You about...I write down the first half and you write down the second half?" Julie suggested as I just shrugged. 

"Seems fair to me." I told her as I put the acoustic guitar back down on the guitar stand. 

"There you two are. I've been looking all over for you guys!" Flynn then exclaimed from the doorway as Julie and I looked at her. "Why'd you two run out of dance class so fast?" Flynn asked the two of us. 

"Sorry. We just needed some air. It was a little intense in there." Julie told Flynn as I walked over to Julie, sitting on the piano bench next to her.

"Oh, I've noticed. Dancing with guys you've both had crushes on for forever will do that to girls." Flynn then said to Julie and me as Flynn walked over to the two of us, her leaning on the piano lid. 

"But the thing is, Flynn..." I started as she looked at me, "the entire time we were dancing, I wasn't dancing with Ethan, I was dancing with Reggie." I told her a little sheepishly.

"And I was thinking about Luke." Julie added in as I put my phone on the piano next to Julie's. 

"Seriously?" Flynn questioned the two of us. "First off, called it. Second, I know you two always want what you can't have, but Luke and Reggie are next-level." Flynn then told the two of us as Julie and I both sighed.

"I know. And now I'm like 99.9% sure Ethan likes me. Ethan!" I then exclaimed as Julie nodded, agreeing with me about her and Nick.

"He totally does. Both of them." Flynn said to the two of us, smiling as Julie sighed.

"But me and Luke just clicked." Julie told Flynn.

"And me and Reggie work so well together." I added on to what Julie was saying. "And he's so..." I then started, smiling again as Flynn cut me off.