Chapter 7: Wake Up

Ash's POV*

I walked into my room and immediately headed straight to my desk; I sat down and unlocked my diary to write in it.  

I know writing in a diary sounds kinda stupid, but back when me and Julie would go see Dr

I know writing in a diary sounds kinda stupid, but back when me and Julie would go see Dr. Turner, she would have me write down everything that happened that day in a diary; for a while, it helped me cope with my parents' death, but now it's helping me vent all my feelings out onto paper instead of keeping them all bottled up inside.

September 10, 2020:

What would you say if I told you three ghosts were living in the music studio? You'd probably say I was crazy. I thought I was hallucinating from eating too much of the school's lunch, but now I know I'm not. The three boys, Luke, Alex, and Reggie, first appeared in the studio after I started playing this old CD from an old band called Sunset Curve. Apparently, they died 25 years ago, but they just showed up here as ghosts. No one would even believe me because if you see ghosts, you'd probably be considered crazy and would be thrown into the mental ward faster than you can say ghosts.

I put down my pencil, sighing as I looked out the window, looking at the studio from my bedroom. I stood up, closing and locking my diary as I immediately went to bed; I got under my covers, clapping my hands twice as the lights turned off since I connected my main light to a clapper sensor. The lights turned off as I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Morning

Julie and I walked through the back gate, walking to the studio as I grabbed the handles, opening it

Julie and I walked through the back gate, walking to the studio as I grabbed the handles, opening it. Julie and I walked in, not seeing the boys as we put our backpacks down on a chair near the doors. "Hey, guys? You here?" I called out but got no response. I looked around for them and when I looked back at Julie, I saw her looking at the grand piano. I watched as she walked over to it, running her hand along the lid and placing the four music sheets in front of her before she sat down.

I stood a few feet away from her as I watched her; she placed her hands on the piano keys and after a few seconds she started playing. 

[Julie] 
Here's the one thing I want you to know. 
You got someplace to go. 
Life's a test, yes. But you go toe-to-toe. 
You don't give up, no, you grow

I smiled a little as I got an idea. I walked over to my teal electric guitar, grabbing it as I plugged it into the speaker Reggie uses; I walked over to Julie, standing next to her so I can look at the sheet music; she continued singing as I started to play along on the guitar.

And you use your pain. 
Cause it makes you  you. 
Though I wish I could hold you through it. 
I know it's not the same. You got living to do. 
And I just want you to do it. 
So get up, get out, relight that spark. 
You know the rest by heart

[Julie & Ash] 
Wake up, wake up, if it's all you do. 
Look out, look inside of you. 
It's not what you lost, it's what you'll gain. 
Raising your voice to the rain. 
Wake up your dream and make it true. 
Look out, look inside of you. 
It's not what you lost. Relight that spark.
Time to come out of the dark. 
Wake up, wake up

Julie and I looked at each other, smiling as we continued playing and singing together.

[Ash] 
Better wake those demons,
just look them in the eye. 
No reason not to try. 
Life can be a mess. 
I won't let it cloud my mind. 
I'll let my fingers fly. 
And I use the pain cause it's part of me. 
And I'm ready to power through it. 
Gonna find the strength, find the melody. 
Cause you showed me how to do it. 
Get up, get out, relight that spark. 
You know the rest by heart

[Both] 
Wake up, wake up, if it's all you do. 
Look out, look inside of you. 
It's not what you lost, it's what you'll gain. 
Raising your voice to the rain. 
Wake up your dream and make it true. 
Look out, look inside of you. 
It's not what you lost. 
Relight that spark. 
Time to come out of the dark. 
Wake up, wake up

Julie then stood up, the two of us still singing and playing.

[Julie] 

So wake that spirit, spirit. 
I wanna hear it, hear it. 
No need to fear it, you're not alone. 
You're gonna find your way

[Both] 
Home.

[Julie] 
Wake up, wake up, if it's all you do

[Both]
Look out, look inside of you. 
It's not what you lost, it's what you'll gain. 
Raising your voice to the rain. 
Wake up your dream and make it true. 

Look out, look inside of you. 
When you're feeling lost. 
Relight that spark.
Time to come out of the dark. 
Wake up, wake up

Julie then sighed as the two of us played our last notes. I swung my guitar onto my back as I sat down on the bench next to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder, hugging her. Julie grabbed the last sheet music, seeing that there was a note on it from her mom to Julie; Julie sighed again, hugging the piece of paper. 

Ok, I'm sorry this chapter was short, but the next chapters will be longer. Please comment and vote because the next chapter will be out sometime tomorrow!

StarWarrior...signing off!