Chapter 7

**

Back at the hotel room you ring out your cold hair before getting into a hot shower. The damn rain ruined your moment on the peer and you had to run back, soaked by the time you got there. John is out getting something for dinner since you both don't feel like going anywhere and you dress quickly in pajama bottoms and a loose sweatshirt, still not being able to shake the chill from being caught out in the rain.

John's hair is wet when he gets back with some hamburgers from a local diner and he's so sexy as you watch him take off his damp clothes, wanting to take a shower before he eats.

"Enjoying the show?" He asks, sliding his shirt over his shoulders and hanging it to dry.

You grin as you dig into the bags he set on the table. "Best I've ever seen, five star rating."

"Really? That good, huh?" He slips off his shoes and grabs a towel.

"Well, I mean... I don't have much to compare to." But even if you did, you know this is pretty damn good. "Guys don't usually strip in front of me."

"Good, let's keep it that way." He grumbles and tells you not to start without him.

"Okay, fine." You eat just one french fry. "Can we eat in bed? Like a slumber party?" You call out to him. He left the bathroom door cracked open and you hear the water turn on. "Ohhh! You got us chocolate milkshakes too?"

He pokes his head out, hair hanging in his eyes and he's looking down like he's embarrassed about something. "Um... mine is strawberry."

Don't laugh. Do not laugh. "Strawberry is a very manly flavor, Mr. Wick. I'm not judging."

"I can feel you judging from here."

"I am not!" You giggle and jump on the bed, telling him to hurry up because now you're getting hangry.

He only takes a few minutes and when he walks back into the room with just a towel around his hips you have to look away while he dresses for bed. No need to torture yourself anymore than you already do. His hair is slicked back and his beard is shaped nicely for the wedding. You're glad for once there are no bruises or cuts anywhere on his gorgeous face and you can't wait to see him in a suit again, especially knowing he won't get hurt this time.

"So what should we do tomorrow before the wedding?"

John sits next to you and gets comfortable before you hand him his milkshake, smiling teasingly. He gives you a stern look and you zip your lips with your fingers and throw out the key. That seems to satisfy him and he relaxes. You have a feeling that you just learned one of his deepest, darkest, stupidest secrets.

"Well, I thought you'd enjoy a spa day." He says. "So I booked an appointment for a massage and some other stuff... something with mud I think?"

You're speechless and your mouth is hanging open from the bite you were about to take, but now all you can do is watch John nibble on a fry while he waits for your reaction.

"You did that? Really?"

"Yeah. Is that okay?"

Right away you become nervous. You've never had a massage and it's not only because you couldn't afford it. You were never really comfortable getting naked in front of someone either. John obviously doesn't mind seeing your body, every curve included, but that doesn't mean you didn't test him a little either. Secretly you thought once he saw you, even a little of your body, he would stop flirting and stop trying to be with you. Over the last few weeks you slowly realized that wasn't going to happen.

"What are you thinking?" John asks gently.

You want to be honest with him, but you don't know how to explain what you're feeling. "Do people have to get naked when they get a massage?" You blurt out.