To Protect

Black is always precise doing his tasks. He's a bit unorganized to where he needs to go next. He seems to be all over the place.

Unlike the others, he gets tasks done pretty quickly. (Ok, so I need to go to Lower Engine and then....)

Without looking where he was going, he bumps into someone.

"Ow! You-" Yellow's eyes opened and she moved her hand away from her head. Her eyes seemed to light up when she saw him. "Oh, Black? Are you ok?"

Black nodded shyly. He tried to muster up to say something, but he couldn't. He remained quiet as he started to stare at his feet. (Say you're sorry!)

But he couldn't. His face got super red from embarrassment underneath his helmet. Not only that, that sweet sounding female voice was coming from that yellow suit. Talking to women makes it even harder for him to speak up.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "You're pretty quiet. If I hurt you, it's ok to say so."

Black shook his head frantically. He said something finally, but his voice was really low. Hard to hear even.

"Hm?" Yellow leaned closer to him.

Black's face felt like it was heating up. (She's getting close!)

"Ah!" He yelped. "I-I'm..." His eyes shifted away as he turned his head. "I'm ok. A-are..."

It took him awhile to say the last word in. "Y-you?"

She nodded and backed up a bit. "I'm glad you're ok too. Want to work together?"

"You w-want to work with m-me?" He stuttered in disbelief as he pointed to himself.

"Of course! I have been wanting to spend time with you since we first introduced ourselves!" She chimed. "You seem really nice."

(She seems really sweet.) Black's heart thumped. (I hope I can stop being a stuttering idiot.)

All he could manage to do was nod. He goes to follow her to her next task. Which happened to be where he was heading to anyway.

Black stood there shyly as he was fueling a tank beside her. She wasn't talking as much either.

(She probably ran out of things to talk about. I'm just so boring.) He sighed.

Black has been like this for so long. He never was really good at making friends. He was always labeled the quiet kid in school as he grew up. Some people said he would shoot up a school. It was a miracle that Yellow even was talking to him.

Before he boarded this ship, he heard on his ship's communications that there are impostors invading crewmate's ships. That there have been large cases of deaths.

This journey has made him so nervous. He would think he would be labeled as an impostor, but it seemed other crewmates haven't heard about an impostor. Except for Cyan, who seemed suspicious of everyone who comes across her. Black witnessed her earlier freaking out over Blue. He didn't mean to eavesdrop like that as he was scrambling around with his tasks too. Blue was just not doing tasks like he was supposed to, but is he really sus or just lazy?

(I hope our ship is safe...) His thoughts were interrupted by Yellow's voice.

"Do you have any ideas for things to talk about?" She asked. "I'm not very good at thinking of conversations topics."

Black kept focusing on his task. It made it seem like he was ignoring her, but he really wasn't at all. He couldn't even muster up the courage to speak.

(He must just be really shy,) Yellow thought. (But I'm determined to talk to him! When he feels comfortable, of course. I shouldn't push him too much.)