1

Amoura rushes through the forest, in just a matter of minutes she and her mate will be far from here. After years of planning, Amoura and her mate can finally end their separation and flee together as rogues.

Amoura slows down when the person waiting for her at the clearing wasn't Heminsworth her mate, she left early to avoid this, "don't bother hiding I know you're there." 

Amoura decides to stop holding back in the shadows as she reaches for Heminsworth to ensure his safety, "oh don't worry he'll be here later." 

Amoura holds back a growl, "you won't get your way," Amoura reassures him.

"Oh I think I will," he smiles at Amoura victorious as he begins to pace in front of her, "because you see, I can always have another child," he smiles coldly at her before his eyes turn dark, "but you can never have another mate."

"You wouldn't," A reply unconvinced, "he's the last heir you have. And most importantly he's the only one to continue the Blackhart legacy, for we both know you can't," Amoura speaks frankly, sparking anger in Maverick Blackhart.

"Ask my mate if I ever hesitated?" Amoura's blood runs cold as she brushes off his question. Before Amoura could object he shrugs her off and casually adds; "Don't bother sweetheart, a mate always knows."

"I killed the other three why not one more? Besides, thanks to you, I can always have another heir," he speaks without breaking eye contact. Maverick cuts her off before she could cover herself.

"Lying isn't good on a Stone. So let's be completely honest here. My son will not take you as his mate," he pauses to look at Amoura and visibly changes his demeanor to a serious one.

"You will leave alone and you will never contact him again. If you do the last time you see him will be on his obituary," he turns away with his words angering Amoura.

"He's not like you. He will never be like you," Amoura growls after him as he reminds her for as long as he is Maverick's son he will always be able to kill Heminsworth at a thought.

"I will have my mate Maverick," Amoura warns him as he walks off.

"I'll save you a seat to the funeral then," he adds he'll allow her to see him that one last time, with such a grand heart of his he'll even let her be the one to set his body aflame.

Amoura forces herself to stay in her place, she needed to speak to Heminsworth now. As Mavericks' words settle in she realizes even running away with her mate won't secure them, if he can find Heminsworth, he can find her. Amoura's hands automatically go to her stomach. As she goes into an existential crisis.

Back at Black Wolves Pack Heminsworth Blaclhart is pacing as Midnight drags itself to come, he stops when he sees his father walking toward him.

"Must you bother me today from all days?" Heminsworth asks as he walks past his father into his room. Maveric smiles and lets his son's words slide.

"Can't I see the man who made me a father twenty-one years ago today?" Maverick drops a wrapped box in his hands before looking behind him into his room.

"I rather you didn't," Heminsworth spoke honestly, not wanting to see his father at all. Maveric sighs and tells him he's trying to be a father.

Heminsworth huffs, "trying something new? That's not like you," Mavericks face goes cold, as anger fills his eyes for a split second, he was done with small talk.

"If you try and leave with Amoura Stone I'll kill her before you can get far,"  Heminsworth lunges only to be brought down to his knees from the weight crushing his chest.