Chapter Thirty-One

It was a few days later and I saw no sign of Cormac which made me kick myself for acting so pathetic giving myself false hope, that was until I was sat in the library reading around eight oclock. I wasn't aware of my surroundings since I had my nose deep into the book I was reading so the sound of footsteps approaching completely slipped through me. I jumped as I felt someone tap my shoulder and quickly shut my book turning to see who it was that tapped me.

"What you are reading?" It was Cormac, I nudged the book under some paper as he peered over my shoulder trying to get a glimpse of what it was.

"Nothing to you Cormac" I said as I turned my head now facing away from him, it annoyed me that I let myself fall so easily when I met him so I made sure to put my guard back up since he didnt make much as an effort to see me.

"Look, I've been really busy with quidditch practice and I tried to find you during my breaks but I couldn't quite recall your second name" He said as he pulled up a chair to sit next to me, I looked up and saw that he looked genuinely sincere.

"Ceradwin, though my name doesn't really have a good reputation so I'll give you a chance to leave now if you want" I said in disappointment as the rumours came flooding back, I retrieved my book from under the papers and proceeded to read.

"Shakespeare, have you read a midsummers night?" I looked up firstly stunned to see that he was still here but then even more surprised that he knew Shakespeare. I smiled and nodded showing him the front cover, the book I was reading being that of Macbeth.

"You read?" I asked curious to what genre he liked or if he even read at all, I mean I was impressed that he even knew what Shakespeare was. He laughed and raised his eyebrow.

"Why do you think I'm in a place stacked to the brim with books?" I glanced around and face palmed my forehead shaking it in embarrassment.

"I actually came to pick up one from Charles Dickens but if I'm being honest I was hoping you'd be here too" He smiled as I glanced back up at him slowly lowering my hand back onto the table.

We sat there rambling about books up until Filtch kicked us out because it was closing for the night, as we were walking out I dropped my book on the floor but just as I was about to bend down and reach it he managed to pick it up and we met face to face half way standing up.

As I stared into his misty blue eyes I felt his breath on my lower lips as he tilted his head to the side moving closer, I closed my eyes as I felt his soft lips on mine making a shiver travel throughout my body. It felt incredible, I got lost in his lips and after what felt like a lifetime he drew away. I slowly opened my eyes instantly mesmerised by his gaze, just as I was about to speak, he handed me my book and looked me up and down.

"Love looks not with the eyes" He gave me a wink and walked off; I was confused at first but then my eyes lit up when I realised, he quoted a midsummer nights. I ran up to my dorm room giddy like a child on Christmas morning and jumped into bed shutting my eyes trying to replay the nights events

I woke up the next morning fully rested having had one of the best sleeps I've ever had in Hogwarts, I made a little more effort that morning deciding to actually do my hair instead of pulling t back into a messy bun. As I made my way through to first lesson I was startled as both Fred and George squished me between them wrapping their hands around my shoulders.

"Think Cormacs got a soft spot for you Ceradwin" Fred said with a huge smirk looking over at George.

"Yeah, wouldnt shut up about you all night" George added on, he gave me a wink and they both walked off laughing. I couldn't help but smile I felt my face beaming with cheer.

"Ignore them two sods, half the time they dont know what they're on about" I heard Ron say as he approached me with Hermione and Harry.

"No Ron this time they're actually not lying, I heard him talking about her in the common room" Harry added on, Ron turned his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Harry.

"Cormac told basically the whole boys dorm Y/n, but since I'm no dim-witted bafoon, I'd like to hear it from the primary source." Hermione said while giving the boys a spiteful gaze, she linked arms with me and sat next to me in Charms. Apparently, the majority of Gryffindor knew about the kiss last night since it was rare that anything like that could happen behind closed doors in this school.

I told her everything since I had no one really to tell and knew this would really be my only chance to describe the entire thing in detail, throughout my explanation she seemed so intrigued giving me a little hope that our friendship may be back to where it was originally.

Just as I was about to finish, I heard someone approach me.

"Here she is, talk of the school once again Ceradwin but Cormac. Really? A Gryffindor wouldnt be the first time you've embarrassed the Slytherin house" I turned to see Draco surrounded by a group of a few friends, he had a smug look on his face reverting back to his old ways.

He hadnt spoken to me like this in months, so I was confused why it'd concern him at all, I looked up at him instantly locking eyes with his. I didn't say anything but just looked at him emotionless. I could tell he instantly regretted what he said but there was no way hed show it. Just as Hermione was about to open her mouth, I placed my hand on hers giving her the hint to not say anything.

"Does my life concern you that much Draco?" I said just as he was about to walk away, he stopped mid walk and I watched as it was clear that he was the only one that heard me. He turned around and looked at me in shock.

"You're nothing but a joke to me Y/n, I find you amusing" He scoffed and walked off giving me one last look as he sat down, I had no clue why he cared so much since he made it clear he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me before this but now that someone showed the littlest bit of interest in me were back to square one.