Chapter Seventy-Nine

I got lost in a sea of sadness, seeing the one place that you thought couldn't go a day without being filled with faces of delight now empty and destroyed would upset anyone, even people who wouldn't want to admit it. Before I even got the chance to fully take in what had happened Draco pulled me aside, I could tell he was affected by this even though he refused to show it, I could tell by the way his eyes darted around the place, he's been here as long as I have so I'd be worried if he wasn't.

"What happened here?" I asked but he shot me a glare pressing his finger to his lip gesturing for me to be quiet, he yanked me into a side street lowering his head as if he was hiding from something. I followed behind keeping low knowing that whatever it was must have been bad enough for even Draco to fear it. He led me into an alley, my feet trampling in puddles splashing up my leg, we came to a halt outside a small chipped wooden door, he took one last look before heading inside.

He quietly shut the door telling me to stay put before he wandered off, a small window dimly lit the place up and it looked as if we entered the back room of one of the shops on Diagon Alley. The room was scattered with mannequins and empty rails, some with a small amount of clothing left hanging from them, it looked abandoned but not closed up. It was like the people running it just fled and never came back to pack up, boxes full of new stock looked damaged and rummaged through though there still seemed to be a hefty amount of clothing left.

"Be quick, now's not the time to be picky we can't stay here for long." Draco whispered as he came back from around the corner, I stood for a moment confused on what he was implying but I looked up to see him gesturing towards the railings of clothes. I immediately caught on knowing that he wanted me to grab a change of clothes before we headed off again, this was the only way thatd stop me from hassling about it the rest of the trip.

I silently rummaged through the boxes picking up the first few things I could find, the first box contained different pairs of jeans all dark similar shades of blue or black though I wasn't sure since the room was so dark. I stood up making my way to the railings in which I found a maroon jumper with the Gryffindor crescent sewn in on the side, I glanced over at Draco who seemed to be glaring intently at the jumper I was holding giving it somewhat of a death stare as if it was some sort of bad luck charm. He looked back up at me his eyebrows slightly raised indicating for me to not humiliate him then myself, I scoffed in disbelief, he can't possibly be insinuating what I think he was, I knew he was petty but scolding me for wearing a jumper that had a shitty little badge on the front was a whole new level.

He darted the room and came back with the same jumper only this time dark green with Slytherins house crescent in the same place tossing it over to me, he seemed to look pleased with himself as he saw me drop the other one kicking it over to the other side of the room. I looked back up at him faintly shaking my head at his sly expression, after all he was the one to tell me not to be picky. I glanced around the room trying to find some place to get changed but everywhere was open even the windows where shattered bringing in a slight draft, I looked back at Draco and widened my eyes implying that there wasn't anywhere for me to change but he insisted we didn't have time peering down at the floor gesturing for me to change where I was.

"Is there nowhere-"I whispered aggressively as I scanned the room once more but he was insistent that I needed to hurry therefore hadn't any time to go looking for privacy. I huffed and turned around beginning to undress slipping the dress off my legs and pulling up the dark blue jeans, they were baggy, and the waist certainly didn't fit properly but it was better than nothing at all. I glanced down at the floor to pick up the jumper, but it was gone, I spun around still not finding it until I head Draco clear his throat.

I peered up to see him swinging it back and forth in his hand as he looked me up and down, I stormed up to him snatching it off him slipping it over my head. I untucked the rest of my hair that remained inside of it and picked up a pair of black boots quickly shoving them on before heading out the door catching up with Draco who had already left. He turned the corner again leading down one of the side streets making his way inside the back entrance of another one of the shops, as I trailed in after him I instantly knew exactly where we were.

The back was compact with shelves stacked with all different types of wands, Ollivanders. I paused taking a look around the place, I got a flashback to buying my first ever wand here with my dad, my mother always refused to take me shopping, didn't want me wasting her money, so my dad would take me instead even though he hadn't much either. I've always had the same wand, didn't once let it out my sight for the main reason of I didn't want my dad having to pay for a new one since he had very little after my mother kept majority of the savings. I took very good care of it, maple wood with a phoenix feather core, I always remember Ollivander telling me I suited it very well, more than his normal customer would.

Though I don't regret giving it to Luna, at the time she needed it the most and it was the least I could do, I just hope shes taking good care of it now. I hurried down the isles peering down each one trying to find Draco, eventually I stumbled across him looking frantically through the stacks of wands. I quietly approached him not really knowing what he intended to find, finding a wand identical to his is practically impossible but I was sure he knew that.

"I don't know what youre expecting to find, no wand is the same" He once again ignored me and continued scanning the shelves until he stumbled into something that must have intrigued him, he pulled the box out from the top shelf and opened it tossing it to the side, so he was now only holding the wand. His finger trailed the brim and gripped the end tight mumbling some sort of spell, the tip of the wand illuminated enough for him to look satisfied.

"This'll do I suppose" He murmured as he rushed past me, I crouched down picking up the box that he threw to the floor, I skimmed the side confused to what it read. "Unicorn Hair?" I asked turning to look at Draco who was now at the end of the isle facing away from me.

"My wands core, it isn't hawthorn wood but its good enough" He said glancing backdown at the wand inspecting it, I nodded and tossed the box to the side now beginning to scan the shelves for one with a phoenix feather. I knew it'd be difficult since they weren't many made but was sure that if there was a chance of finding it, it'd be here. We where short for time, not able to be in the same place for long as its easier to be tracked, I realised this when Draco apperated a fair few miles away from the river, he didn't anyone to find us.

I heard Draco mutter something a few isles down, his tone more on the irritated side which led me to believe he was asking or more demanding for what my wand core was, "phoenix feather" I shouted my eyes not once parting from the wands. I heard him huff presuming that wasn't the answer he was expecting to hear listening to him pace up and down the isles before coming to a sudden halt. I was startled as he appeared behind me holding a wand, it was on the smaller side and didn't resemble my wand much at all, but I took it off him anyway inspecting it myself.

"You sure its-"

"Phoenix feather. See for yourself" He said confidently looking back down at the wand, I thought back to what I remember saying when I held my first wand to assure that it was the right one. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what I said next, it was as if it was just routine. Next minute the isle lit up, not as bright as I had hoped but bright enough for me to be content, I glanced back up at Draco and nodded my head assuring him that he was in fact right, it was phoenix feather.