Chapter Thirty-Three

I followed the crowd of people back to Hogwarts fiddling with the end of my scarf due to the amount of guilt I was feeling, I was near the back of the crowd but managed to shove to the front urgently wanting to see Cormac. As I reached the huge entrance the doors fell open revealing the hustle of the other students inside, I pushed through them all eventually reaching the hospital wing.

I rushed inside my eyes darting around the room swiftly landing on Cormac, just as I was about to reach his bed someone caught my eye. A few beds down laid Draco who was drifting in and out of a gaze, he had a gash near the top of his left eyebrow and a busted lip, for some reason I felt a huge rush of guilt flow through my entire body and with instinct I almost found myself being drawn to him instead.

Luckily the nurse approached me before I could do so and asked who I was here for, I told her I was here to see how Cormac was in which she nodded and proceeded to escort me over to him. I took a seat at the end of his bed and placed my warm hand on top of his, he raised his head to find me sitting there with him. I smiled in effort to give him some reassurance and squeezed his cold hand tightly, I looked up at the nurses and asked her what the injuries were.

"Oh dear well it certainly wasn't like any wizard fight I've seen, he's got himself a broken ankle. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix now, he just needs some rest." She smiled and walked of over to another patient in the bed opposite leaving a warm cup of tea on the bedside table next to Cormac.

As I was rubbing his hand Draco caught my eye as he turned to lay facing us, I glanced over instantly locking eyes with him and getting lost once again in his eyes, I dont know why but I couldn't help but be drawn towards him constantly even when the guy who I liked was laying right in front of me.

His eyes shifted away from mine landing on the placement of my hand, he raised a brow and looked back up at me giving me his smug glare and rolled back over his back facing me. I could tell that he didn't feel one bit of remorse towards Cormac in fact I wouldnt be surprised if he treated it like an achievement. The look he gave me stuck with me through mine and Cormacs relationship, though there was never another fight between the two there was still Dracos pathetic digs hinting towards us.

As the days went by my feelings for Cormac slowly lessened but I chose to ignore it since I didnt want to face the consequences, there was no reason for it whatsoever I just felt as if it was missing something but I could never place my finger on what.

Last lesson on a Friday was always the one everyone dreaded the most since it was the lesson before the weekend and probably the most boring, though this Friday was different. We was told that for the first time in wizarding history wed be using the Mirror of Erised. It had been locked away somewhere in the castle hidden away from the students since it had previously driven past witches and wizards to insanity as it reveals what their heart desires the most. It has been said that they were in a hypnotic like state and would be sat in front of the mirror for days upon end not wanting to face reality.

Though they have very strict restrictions against it so we arent able to spend any longer than 20 seconds looking at it, as I made my way inside my eyes were instantly drawn to its immaculate gold plated boarder with detailed engravements of what looked like a complete different language.

I watched as we were told to stand in single file as all the students rushed up to get first look causing me to get shoved to the back, I listened in to hear the reactions of the other students as they took their turns looking in the mirror. As they walked back to their seats, I was able to make out what they saw as they discussed it with their friends.

Hermione saw herself winning worlds smartest witch, Ron saw himself holding the quidditch world cup and Harry well...saw his parents. I wasn't too sure on what I was expecting to see since I never really knew what I desired the most, so I thought of it as a surprise.

I was soon next in line and watched as the student in front of me face lit up as they glanced in the mirror, though they were soon hurried to the side revealing the huge mirror standing in front of me. As I stared into the reflection a caught a glimpse of what looked like Genevieve standing next to me, her long shiny curls bounced as she looked at me and a huge smile grew on her face causing her freckles to wrinkle up as she did so.

Tingles flooded through my body the more I looked at her smile and it was at that moment I realised how much I missed my best friend, though something felt off about the situation. She didn't completely look present, at first I blamed it on the mirror being old but the more I looked into it the more my opinion changed. She looked to have been hovering above the ground, the colour of her eyes wasnt as vibrant and there was a sheer transparent graze throughout her entire presence.

I was more confused than anything else but before I had time to take a closer look, I was told to go back to seat which was the back of the class furthest away from the mirror. As I made my way back, I was still trying to wrap my head around why my desire would be Genevieve and why she looked so different in the mirror than she did when Id see her around the corridors.

As I was about to sit down I watched as the door flew open Draco trailing in behind, I completely forgot he was in this class since he'd always skip it but since it was one of the rare occasions that this class was somewhat intriguing he decided to show up. As what thought to be the last student sat down it left Draco with the mirror to himself, he strolled up to it as if he just wanted to get it over and done with and I sat watching as he stood emotionless while looking at his reflection. Though the more he looked at it the more frustrated he looked which was when he broke the silence.

"Honestly Ceradwin can you get out of my way for once" He narked as he rolled his eyes keeping contact with the mirror, I furrowed my brows in confusion since I was sat at the back nowhere near the mirror.

"Listen to me if you don't" He paused as he turned to see that there was no one behind him, his face dropped, and he looked around the classroom his eyes eventually meeting with mine. He was just as confused as I was, he stormed back to his seat still clearly uncertain of what just happened.

"Pathetic mirror doesnt even work, I'd want a refund but then again with how dim-witted Dumbledore is I'm not surprised he's kept it" His friends broke into hysterics shifting focus of the fact that the mirror was indeed working.

"Ah but the mirror never lies Mr Malfoy" The professor said, he looked over to me and gave me a faint wink in which he proceeded to ramble on about the history of it. I will still in a state of shock about not only what I saw in the mirror but what Draco saw.

I spent the entire night researching the mirror and its tales only growing more fascinated to the idea of its prophecies, the idea of me being Dracos desire gave me butterflies though I wasnt to think too deeply into it as it was very farfetched. I wouldn't dare bring it up around Cormac or especially Draco, the one time I even mentioned the mirrors name he gave me a scowl completely denying the events of that day