Prologue

Please read the information page. It talks about her background.

----////::;()(/-

It was Sunday afternoon in San Francisco, California. I had a snack in the kitchen. Mom and Dad were out to a wedding and they would be coming home late. I was home with a babysitter who didn't care where I was. All the babysitter care about were shoes, clothes, and boys. I didn't like her at all. I got bored in the kitchen so I went to my dad's study. His study was decorated with awards for his restaurants and his wines. I went to his shelf to read a book. I took out his binder of wines that he had developed and wine projects that were in development. After twenty minutes of reading, my eyes drooped and fell asleep in his comfy chair.

I woke up cold. I felt cold breeze on my cheeks. {Did my babysitter do something to me while I was asleep?} I heard a howl. I jolted up to only be found in an alleyway. "Where...where am I?" I asked myself. It was dark and cold. I guess it was nighttime. I walked out of the alley and went out to the streets. It was empty. I was so scared. I could feel tears about to run down my face. I wanted mom and dad so bad. I decided to walked the streets to see if I could find someone or find a place to sleep for the night.

I spent two hours looking for someone and finding a place to stay. The more I found nothing, the more I felt scare and missed my parents. I found a playground and sat on a bench. I covered my face and just cried. I let everything out. I cried for a few minutes. "Meow," I heard. I lifted my head and saw a cat next to me. It looked at me. I wiped my tears and pet the cat. "Hello," I said. The cat went up to me and snuggled a bit. I giggled a bit. Then, the cat jumped off and looked at me. "You want me to follow you?" I asked. It nodded and walked away. {Did that cat just nodded to me?} I got up and followed the cat.

I found myself walking on the streets until I was in front of a building. The cat disappeared in the hole of the door. I looked up. "Leaky Cauldron," it said on the sign. There was a weird feeling about the building. The door opened with a creak. An elderly lady walked out a bit. "Hello my dear," she said. "Um...Hello," I said. She had a long unusual robes on and had brown hair that was fading a bit. Also, she had a hat on. It looked like a hat for a witch to me. "Come on in," she said. I looked around. I wasn't so sure. "Its alright. Don't be afraid," she said softly. She gave me a hand. I looked into her eyes. Her eyes reminded me of the cat. I erased the thought in my head. I grabbed her hand and walked inside.

It looked like an old pub. It was a bit dark. Wooden tables covered with dust. I saw a man twirling his fingers and the spoon stirred in his cup. {Maybe I'm just imagining it.} I followed the lady upstairs to a room. "You will stay here for the night," she said. I didn't know what to say. "Um...thank you. Thank you so much," I said. She nodded her head and left me to sleep. I felt so tired. I didn't bother to take my clothes off. I fell in bed and closed my eyes.

Next day...

Knock Knock Knock....

I sat up from the bed. I looked around for a minute before the door opened. The lady from last night came in. "Glad that you are awake. Did you sleep well?" she asked. "Yes, thank you," I said. I thought for a minute. "Um...how much do I owe you," I asked. I was sure that this was like a hotel of some sort. I just asked even though I didn't have any money. "Its been taken care of. Not to worry my dear," she said. She gave me a smile. I returned a smile. I looked at what was in her hand. "I brought some clothes for you. You should wash up...I will meet you down stairs." she said. I looked down at my clothes. I slept in my clothes. I walked up to her and grabbed the clothes from her hands. "Thank you," I said. She walked out of the room and closed the doors. I went off to shower.

I was done thirty minutes later. I went down stairs and saw her at a table. She already ordered me food. A man came over with two plates and set them on the table. I looked at the lady. "Um...may I ask your name?" I asked. "My name is Minerva McGonagall," she said. "My name is Sophia Taylor. But, you can call me Sophie," I said. She nodded to me. I picked up my fork to eat my eggs. Next thing I knew, I saw chairs go on top of the tables. I dropped my fork. {What was that?} "Um..." I turned my head to Minerva. "You are in a special place," she said. "What do you mean?" I asked nervously. "I will show you," she said.

After breakfast, she led me outside where a brick wall stood. She took out a stick and tapped on specific bricks. The bricks moved like a puzzle to form a archway. She told me to follow and I followed her. It was dark at first. Then I saw light. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley," I heard her say.