Chapter 6: First Day

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

--///;;;:/-/:;

I made my way to transfiguration. As I walked through the halls, many student bumped into me. They would sometimes bump me hard that I slam into the wall. {I am going to have bruised shoulders tomorrow.} I found the classroom and decided to sit in front of class. I never liked sitting in the back because I couldn't hear the teachers sometimes. I sat in my chair and pulled my book out. I was early. I decided to read while I waited for class to start.

I heard the door open. I turned around and saw Malfoy walk in. He saw me for a second and sat in a seat away from me. I looked at his eyes. I felt a blush coming in and turned around. {He is just a boy.} I kept thinking to myself. Students started to walk in and sat in their seats. I could tell they Slytherins and Gryffindors didn't like each other. They sat in opposite sides of the classroom. Our teacher came in and class started. Professor McGonagall assigned us questions to answer. After she gave us our assignment, she transfigured into a cat. The cat looked familiar. She looked at me. The eyes made me remember. {So she was the one who was with me from the beginning!} I smiled at her. I mouthed thank you to her. She nodded her little cat head.

I wrote on my parchment until I heard the doors open. I turned around and saw that it was Harry and Ron. They were late. They thought that they would get away from being late. They should have thought again. I came out of my thoughts when I saw Professor McGonagall jump and transfigured back into a human. They got in trouble but, not too bad.

My next class was potions. I looked at the map and I got confused on the way. "I must have made a wrong turn," I said to myself. I saw a few Slytherins who were second years pass by. I asked them for directions. They told me the direction. I followed what they said and I ended up at a dead end. Now, I was really lost. "You need help, Taylor." I heard. I turned and saw that it was Malfoy. "Yes please..." I said uneasily. I wasn't comfortable around him since he asked me for my blood status yesterday. Also, I now didn't trust any Slytherin much. I sensed that he wasn't fond of muggles and muggle-borns.

Malfoy took my hand and led me to my next class. I was stunned that he took my hand. We walked in and we sat next to each other. I didn't know what to say. "A thank you would me nice," Malfoy said. "Um...thank you Malfoy," I said. {Even though he was a Slytherin, I can trust him a bit.}

A few minutes later, Professor Snape enter the room. He walked very quickly to the front. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class," we heard him say in monotone. He looked really dark in a way with a pale face. Most of all, he looked strict.

Professor Snape turned to us. "As such, I don't expect many of you to to be adept in the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those of you who possess the ...Predisposition...I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the sense. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death," he said. I felt like I was going to fail the class. Of course, I read the book for this class, but It would not compare to actually making potions. I saw at the corner of my eyes that Draco smiled at Professor Snape.

{How can he smile at a creepy guy?}

Professor Snape turned his attention to Harry. He was writing what he was saying until..."Then again, there are those of you bold enough to not...pay...attention," he said. I turned my head towards Harry. Hermione nudged him and he stopped writing. Now he paid attention to Professor Snape. He asked him questions about Asphodel and Wormwood. Hermione raised her hand. Harry shook his head and said that he didn't know the answer. Professor Snape asked him another question. "Where Mr. Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" he asked Hermione raised her hand again. Harry didn't know the answer as well. I decided to raise my hand. Professor Snape turned to me. "Miss Taylor," He said. "You can find bezoar in a goat's stomach," I said. "Correct," I said. Professor Snape asked another question to Harry. "What is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Harry did know this one also. Professor Snape called on me. "They are the same sir," I said. "Correct. I'm impressed," he said. I was surprised myself. Malfoy smiled at me. I gave him a small smile.

{Why is he being nice to me?}