Chapter 4: What am I?

Here is another chapter. I am almost finished with the third book.

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Check out my next Preview:Evelyn Farron and the Sorcerer's Stone. comment and vote. happy reading.

------/:;(()))(://-

{What did he mean by that!!!}

I looked around the room. They were all confused about the sorting. I heard teachers behind me whispering to each other. {I guess this never happened before.} Professor McGonagall turned her head towards Dumbledore. Dumbledore gestured her to take the hat off my head. She took the hat off. I stepped off the stool and turned to Dumbledore. "For the time being, Miss Taylor will be sitting at the teacher's table," he announced. {Really?}

Everyone started to talk. I heard a lot of things on my way toward the teacher's table. "Thats not fair!" "What makes her so special." Who is she really." "She is so lucky." "She doesn't look too important." I just felt like I wanted to cry, but I couldn't in front of everyone. Dumbledore gestured me to sit next to him. I went around the table. As I made my way to my seat, each teacher stared at me. I was becoming nervous. I got to my seat and sat down. {Why wasn't I sorted?} I looked at Malfoy. He looked a bit sat. {Was it because I wasn't sorted into Slytherin?} I shook my head and watched the rest of the sorting.

The sorting ended in a few minutes. The feast began. There was so much food in front of me. I helped myself with a piece of chicken, vegetables, a piece of bread, and pumpkin juice. I took a sip of the pumpkin juice. It wasn't that bad, but I found it a bit too sweet for my taste buds. I focused on my food. I remembered my manners and etiquette. Dad made me learn the etiquette because of his restaurant. Sometimes, I helped him in the restaurant in the dining room teaching people how to eat their meal to get the full experience. I took my time eating. I thought the food tasted pretty good.

After a few minutes of eating, I felt eyes on me. I lift my head from my plate. I looked at the Slytherin's table again. I saw Malfoy still looking at me. His eyes weren't the only ones looking at me. I turned my head to the Gryffindor's table. I saw Harry and Ron look as well. I could understand why Malfoy was looking at me, but not Harry and Ron. I didn't know them too much. I quickly looked down at my plate and kept eating.

While I was eating, I had a talk with the other teachers. Professor McGonagall taught transfiguration. Madam Hooch taught flying that I thought were only for witches. I thought wrong. I had to remind myself. I had to erase everything that I knew about magic. I might say something that they thought was stereotypical for someone who weren't exposed to magic. Also, I might say something that would be offensive toward them. I had to watch what I say around them.

I heard a noise of a woman. I turned my head up to see ghosts flying around. {Now I can say, I believe in ghosts}. From the clothes, they must have died many years ago. Professor McGonagall told me that each house had a house ghost. I thought that would be a good thing. Have someone see something for them while the other do something else. But then again, it felt creepy to have someone watch you when you were asleep.

After dinner, dessert came out. I helped myself with some chocolate cake. It was actually delicious. Not like my mom's cupcakes, but still good. I reminded myself that maybe asked Dumbledore for the recipes of his desserts and possibly improve them a bit. After all, my mother was a baker and I knew every recipe that she created. The desserts disappeared from the table. He dismissed everyone from the Great Hall.

Dumbledore wanted me to follow him. We went to his office that was guarded by a statue. "Lemon Drops," he said. {He must have a sweet tooth.} We walked inside. There were books everywhere. I walked in further and saw a phoenix that looked old. "The phoenix is named Fawkes." Dumbledore said. I went up to it and pet it's head. "Hello Fawkes," I said. Fawkes chirped a bit.

"Now I know you have many questions," he said. "Yes I do," I said. It turned to him. "You will know in time. But, first...we need to know your blood status," he said. He had a cauldron out with liquid in it. "I had my potion master make the potion for me. This potion is used to find a witch or wizard's blood status. Depending on the color, it tells what his or her blood status is," he explained to me. "So this is kind of a DNA test in a way," I said. "Correct," he said. I looked at the cauldron. "What do I need to do?" I asked. "We need a drop of your blood," he said. "How are you going to get my blood?" I questioned. "Well, we are going to need to take it from your finger. We need to make a little cut and that will be all," he said.

I looked next to the cauldron and saw a dagger there. "Can I use the dagger," I asked. "You may," he said. I walked up to the dagger. I took my index finger and made a cut. I put the dagger down and put my finger over the cauldron. I squeeze the cut lightly until i saw a drop of blood fall in the cauldron. I took my finger away and watch the color of the potion change. It changed from clear to purple.

{What did purple mean.}