Chapter 10: Start of Start New

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

--:;(;/-/(((::

I felt a hand on my hand. I opened my eyes a bit. I recognized the room. I was in the Hospital wing. "Your awake," I heard. I turned my head and saw platinum hair. "Mal..,Malfoy," I said in a raspy voice. He gave me water. I took a sip. "What happen?" I asked. I heard that you fought the troll in the girl's bathroom. You got hurt really bad," he said. I remembered. The troll swung at me and i hit a wall. My head hurt a bit. Madam Pomphrey came and told Malfoy to leave so I could rest. Malfoy said that he would see me again later. He walked away. Madam Pomphrey said that I had a lot of visitors. Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Malfoy, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and even Professor Snape. Madam Pomphrey gave me a potion that was suppose to help my head. "Yuck!" I said after I drank it. This is worse than Korean herbal medicine. I got drowsy and fell asleep.

I woke up again to find Harry, Ron, and Hermiione next to my bed. "Hi guys," I said quietly. "Glad that you are ok," Harry said. Madam Pomphrey let me leave. "How long was I out? I asked. "A week," Hermione said. "Really!" I said in shock. {A week! Now I'm going to have to do a lot of make up work.} "Don't worry. We will help you catch up with your lessons," Hermione said. "And homework," Ron said even though I didn't trust him on that. They told me that they had suspicions about Professor Snape. Harry told me about the time he went to get things at Diagon Alley and went to Gringotts to get money. Dumbledore had a message and got something out of the vault. The vault number matched the vault on the Daily Prophet. They said that it was broken into, but it was not.

November came and it was Quidditch season. I was excited to see a wizard's sport. I knew that Harry would be nervous about his first game. I sat with Hermione and Ron. I started to like Hagrid. Hagrid was the Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts. He was a Gryffindor. He was like a big teddy bear. The game began and I learned that the sport could be brutal. I saw two Gryffindors got hurt. Harry's broom started to act up. "What is wrong with his broom?" I asked. It looked like the broom was trying to knock Harry off. Hermione used the binoculars to look and found Snape jinxing the broom. I really got worried. He was so high up.

Hermione made her way to the teacher's section and lit Professor's snake's robe on fire. This gave Harry a chance to catch the snitch. He was head to head with the Slytherin Seeker. They dove down at the snitch. Some people couldn't see the snitch. I was able to see the snitch despite how small it was. The Slyterin seeker pulled up before he could slam to the ground. Harry was able to pull up just in time. He reached for the Snitch. He fell off his broom and looked like he was going to vomit. {What did you do? Where did the snitch go?} I looked around for the snitch and couldn't see it. {Did he eat the snitch!}He spit the snitch out. Gryffindor won the game. I was happy for him.

it was November 24, my birthday. I was eleven years old. I went out of my room. Genevieve said happy birthday to me. I thanked her and told her "happy birthday" would be the password. Harry, Ron, and Hermione ran up to me near the Great Hall. "Happy Birthday," they said. "Thank you, everyone," I said. They went to their seats and ate their breakfast. I went to my seat at the teacher's table. "Happy birthday my dear," Professor McGonagall said. "Thank you," I said. She gave me a butterfly hairpin as a present. At dinner, it was the same as usual until it was dessert. Dumbledore conjured up a birthday cake for me. I gave him a smile and blew the candles. Everyone clapped. I guessed that Dumbledore planned this for me. I turned to see Malfoy staring at me. He have me a smile and mouthed happy birthday. I mouthed thank you.

After dessert, I walked into my room. I was about to go to bed until I heard a sound at the window. There was a owl outside. I opened the window and the owl flew inside and dropped a package. It flew out after. I opened the package and there was a black velvet box inside. I opened it and it was a charm bracelet. It had a stag's head and a infinity symbol snake. The eyes of the stag had amethyst while the snake had emerald eyes. {Who sent this?} I found a note.

Dear Sophia,

Happy Birthday. I hope you will like my present. The stag's head represent you being unsorted. The butterfly is your favorite. The figure eight snake is to remind you of me. I hope you accept my gift.

-DM

{DM?} "It has to be Draco Malfoy," I said to myself. I put the bracelet on and looked at it. To be honest, I liked the bracelet. I went to my diary. I written a lot. I still missed my family. I haven't told anyone about being a shifter yet. I trust the "Golden Trio." I guess I could tell them since I trust them so much.

I looked at the time. It was 10 pm. It was getting late. I blew the candle out and went to bed.