Homeostasis (Part 3) Derek

Saturday, November 5th, 11:30 a.m.

Derek soared over the desolation of Lancet Falls, not even the ghost of a smile on his face. The beginnings of people had started to walk the streets. Despite the fact, most of the town, the ones left, still looked normal on the surface; no one resumed their daily activities. The people of a town share a sixth sense, and they knew something was wrong even if they didn't know what.

A hero would have swooped down and given the people of the town a speech and helped them rebuild the town, but heroes weren't real, they were just humans, and they died like everybody else.

They all died. Mom, Dad, Jordan. All of them. I couldn't save them.

None of them had been able to fix anything. The "heroes," including himself, made it worse, not better. Little kids were wandering the streets looking for their parents, and Derek knew they wouldn't find them. They never would.

Derek made multiple passes over the ghost town of Lancet Falls. He hadn't stopped flying since he had dropped that water tower on Jordan and Vergil, and Derek wasn't sure he ever would. The second his feet touched the ground; everything would be real. Gravity and reality would set in in equal doses. The way Derek figured things were if he could defy gravity, why couldn't he defy reality while he was at it.

Derek Spencer defied reality for thirty-six hours before finally losing consciousness.