Chapter 8: Family discussion

(this is the song I was thinking about when I wrote this chapter)

3rd person's POV

"Come on try to stand up" Marinette says encouragingly.

Barbara slowly starts to stand up stumbling a little. She looks at Marinette and smiles. Marinette is holding her hands ready to catch her if she falls.

"Careful, it will take time for the magic to take a few minutes. And longer for you to actually be able to run" she Marinette says "now try taking a few steps towards me. Don't worry I'll catch if you fall."

She takes a deep breath taking a few steps forward. Everyone's jaws drop at the sight. Barbara was walking. She squeals jumping up and down, stumbles and almost falls but Mari catches her pulling her up on her feet.

"Be careful Babs" she says "it'll take at least two ours until you can start jumping up and down"

"Thank you so much" she says hugging the girl. "I hate wheelchairs and will make sure to give it a good kick in two hours of course"

"Family meeting" Jason says.

"Yeah you guys have a lot of explaining to do" Bruce says rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I think this is a dream and I'll wake up to find that it was never real" dick says shacking his head trying to process everything.

Mari runs towards him giving him a good slap.

"Ow"Dick just rubbing his cheek.

"See not a dream I'm as real as real can be" she states running back to Barbara.

"I'm not going to get used to your speed" Stephanie exclaims.

"Oops sorry I'll go slower. I'm just used to leaving in a house filled with God's, I haven't been in a room with mortals in a while. The only people I speak to are poison Ivy, catwoman and harley quinn and even so it's only once a week for an hour or two"

"You speak to-" Dick exclaims.

"Yes now let's have this meeting so we can have everything cleared up" she says.

"Ohh yeah the living room is right this way" Bruce says leading the way.

They make their way into the living room where Alfred is waiting for them.

"Hey Alfred" they greet.

"Hello young masters, I see you brought a friend, thank you for helping master Tim sleep" he says.

"Your welcome" she replies.

"I swear Alfred is an imortal God" Stephanie says.

"Alfred are you by any chance related to the guardians of the miraculous" Marinette politely asks.

"Well yes, I was one of their closet friends" he says making Marinette flinch.

"Then this involves you more than the others.

"What do you mean" Jason asks.

"Grab a box of tissue because it's about to get emotional in here as I tell you the story of my life" she says as the Wayne's sit them selves down.

"Since the beginning of time God's have lived among us. Kept a secret from the world. They were put into these magical jewels called miraculous. The most powerful were of creation and destruction. It all started about 17 or less years ago with a drunk God who wanted to experiment with his soulmate who was having her fertile day which happens once every 100000 years"

"9 months later I was brought into this world, only the kwamis knew of course wanting to keep me safe. My safety was their number one priority which led to them giving me away. I was dropped in the door way of an orphanage. They took me in. One problem I had there was abuse. I was moved from orphanage to orphanage and in each one I had the same problem. I was being constantly abused."