Varian x Witch

Tangled Adventures

Varian and I never really get along. He was a man of science, his understanding of magic was extremely low. I was a woman of magic, my understanding of science was extremely low.

In the beginning, it wasn't like this. We didn't hate each other. We kinda considered ourselves friends. We liked to experiment with our subject. Sometimes we would try helping one another, but always ended up ruining the experiment cause of our lack of knowledge on the other persons subject.

Eventually, we thought the ruining of experiments was on purpose, so we started messing with one another. That's when the hating started. That's when we started glaring at each other. That's when we started saying the meanest of things.

That leads us to today. Today was the Festival of Thanking. It was a day of being grateful for everything in Corona and old Corona. I didn't really celebrate Festivals because I'm not really one with society. I live a bit into the forest. I mostly leave when I need supplies, or when I used to visit Varian. Now its only for supplies.

Today was one of those days that I need supplies. It sucked cause Festivals mean crouds, and it'll take forever to get my way through. I need the supplies though. I need them. Today's important to me. Not because of the Festival, but because of something else.

I grab my bag, and head out the door, not bothering to lock it. 'People don't come out to the forest.' I think to myself as I make my way through old Corona.

It takes about an hour and a half before I make it to the entrance of Corona. I cross the bridge and enter the already pretty busy market place. I sqeeze through people, trying to make it to my first stop. The gems. I walk up to the seller.

"Good day young miss! See anything you like?" The man says in a very enthusiastic voice.

I look down at the gems and look for a very specific one. Once I find it, I pay and go to my next stop.

While I look for the shop, I accidentally bump into someone. When I look who it is, I pale. Varian.

We glare at each other for a solid 20 seconds before his company speaks up. "Uhh hello!" I look over and see princess Rapunzel.

Next to her was her lady-in-waiting, Cassandra. "Its nice to meet you! I'm Rapunzel!" Rapunzel says cheerfully as she extends her arms and engulfs me in a tight hug.

"N-nice to meet you too. I'm (Y/n)." I say with obvious hints of startlement in my voice.

"Raps. You can't just randomly hug everyone you first meet." Cassandra says as she grabs the back Rapunzel's dress and pulls her away.

I nod to her in thanks. She nods back.

"Anyway, I should probably get going." I say as I start on my way.

"Wait! Why were you and Varian glaring at each other?" She asks.

"He's the rotten apple of the bunch. The nastiest-"

"No. Your the rotten apple. You ruin everything." Varian interrupts me with a snarl.

I glare at him then walk away, ignoring his comeback. Wasn't much of a comeback anyway.

Authors Pov

While Varian is glaring at the back of (Y/n)'s head, Rapunzel gets the 'Imma fix this' look on her face. Cassandra knows that look. Its the look Rapunzel used when she trapped her and Eugene in the cell to 'get along'.

"Raps. Whatever you're planning, I don't think its a good idea. Leave them be."

"Oh relax Cass! I'm just gonna nudge them a bit! They'll become the best of friends all on their own!" Rapunzel says as she runs of leaving Cassandra by herself.