First Fight - Aaron Hotchner

What's up, everybody? I've abandoned this yet again, and I'm sorry for it. I've just gotten back into Criminal Minds (though you really can't get back into something you devote a lot of time to), and have decided to take a few days to update these preferences, as well as the father/daughter preferences.

I will be updating some Glee stuff this weekend, and hopefully get season 5 started with my Finn book. Hopefully next week, I can get a lot more updating done.

So... I decided to come back with some angst. It's your first fight with your significant other.

Let me be clear:  this is not a breakup chapter. I will be writing a breakup chapter sometime in the next few weeks.

I've decided to do the fights individually, since everyone deserves their own chapter.

For some reason, I couldn't write up something for Tara, and I apologize.

Trigger Warning:  Mentions of workaholism

CMCMCMCM

You and Aaron had just got home from a very long and tiring case.

You were at your desk in the bullpen, going through your paperwork so that you could go get some decent sleep for once this week.

When you finished, you went to Aaron's office, knocking on the open door.

"Hotch? Can I come in?"

Aaron looked up briefly from the files scattered around his desk. "Y/N, come on in. Did you need something?"

You closed the door and sat in one of the chairs across from your boyfriend's desk.

"Yeah, actually, I did need something. I need to know if you're going to come home late again and not sleep at all."

You knew that Aaron was a workaholic. Hell, he practically sleeps in his office at the house. The man doesn't seem to come with an off switch.

Aaron tensed. "Y/N... as leader of this team, I have to go through a lot files. It takes a lot of time."

"But does it require you to work almost all night? Even when we get home, you're in your office with files. Aaron, this isn't healthy." You emphasized.

Aaron sighed. "Y/N, you wouldn't understand."

You scoffed gently and nodded in disbelief. "I wouldn't understand? I wouldn't understand that my boyfriend is a workaholic? I understand, Aaron. Hell, your workaholic nature is why you and Haley divorced. But no, you have this innate belief that none of us understand the burden you carry on your shoulders. Well you know what? We all understand. We may not look like we understand, but we do... because we're a family. I thought that meant something to you."

Aaron looked at you as you got up. "Where are you going?"

You looked back at Aaron, who wore a sad look. "I'm going home to get some sleep in our bed. You, however, will be sleeping on the couch tonight."

"Y/N..." Aaron trailed off, but you left before he could get a word out.

Though your words hurt him, he knew you were right.

CMCMCMCM

502 words

Next update:  First Fight - Spencer Reid

Upcoming Updates
First Fight - Derek Morgan
First Fight - David Rossi
First Fight - Jason Gideon
First Fight - Luke Alvez
First Fight - Matt Simmons
First Fight - Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau
First Fight - Emily Prentiss
First Fight - Penelope Garcia