First Fight - Derek Morgan

Trigger Warning:  Mentions of bullying, schizophrenia, anxiety

CMCMCMCM

It was a typical Tuesday night... okay, so it wasn't that typical. (If anyone can comment the song I referenced here, I will happily write you a one shot.)

For starters, you and Derek were cuddled on the couch together. It was one of the rare days where you didn't happen to have a case that required you to be somewhere across the country.

You smiled as you laid your head on Derek's shoulder, gently tracing your finger on the back of his hand. Derek kissed your head before he suddenly got an idea.

"Baby girl... you know how I always go to Chicago for my mom's birthday?"

You nodded, remembering that fateful case. It was a few weeks after Emily had joined the B.A.U., and Derek — who was your best friend at the time — had been wrongfully accused of homicide.

You'd never forget that case. Technically... you can't forget because you also have an eidetic memory, just like Spencer.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

Derek exhaled deeply and pulled you closer. "I think it's high time that my mom and sisters officially meet you as my girlfriend. You can come with me to Chicago next week."

Your brain suddenly went into panic mode.

Flashback to 10th grade in Las Vegas, Nevada

It started in high school.

You and one of your classmates had to work on a project at your house. You and the boy you were working with had a great time.

That is, until he met Diana.

You had always thought highly of your mother, even when her schizophrenia got worse. You and Spencer both helped out around the house more, so Diana had less to worry about.

Your classmate was in for quite a shock when he met your mother.

When Diana had passed by the both of you, she was muttering to herself. She barely seemed to notice the two of you at the kitchen table. She walked off, and your classmate looked over at you.

"Your mom's a freak." He'd said.

Those four words (technically five, but who's counting?) struck a nerve with you. You and Spencer were already made fun of because of your young ages and larger than life intelligences. But hearing someone talk about your mother like that? Unacceptable and inexcusable.

"Get out of my mother's house. You're no longer welcome here." You'd told him.

You switched partners for the project the next day, and dropped the boy all together.

Flash forward to 2008

You were brought out of your daydream when you felt Derek shaking your shoulders.

"Baby? You on Earth?" He asked.

You snapped out of your daze and sighed. "Derek... I love that you want me to officially meet your family. But I don't think now is the right time for me to meet them."

You and Derek had only been dating for three months, and you generally believed that meeting his family was not the next step.

Derek looked at you with confusion. "Why not? My mom would love you — so would Sarah and Desiree. Plus, I talk about you almost nonstop to them, and I think it'd be a good experience."

"Derek, you're not listening to me. I'm sure I'd love your mom and sisters... but I just don't feel comfortable with meeting them right now. I promise you that I will come with you the next time you go to Chicago. But not next week." You explained to him.

Derek sighed as you both sat up from your cuddling position. "Tell me why. Why can't you go with me?"

"I can't tell you." You replied.

"You can't or you won't, Y/N?" Derek pushed.

"I can't!" You emphasized.

Derek pursed his lips together and stood up. "Do you not understand how much it would mean to me?"

You stood up in exasperation. "Of course I understand that! But you don't see me pushing you into officially meeting my mother, do you? If I don't want to go, then I shouldn't have to go!"

Derek shook his head at you. "I can't believe it. I can't believe it! You're being selfish."

You gaped. "I'm being selfish? Says the guy that's pressuring me into seeing his family next week!"

"Yeah? Well at least I don't visit my family out of guilt and shame." Derek snapped. When he realized what came out of his mouth, he rubbed at his face.

"Baby girl, I am — "

You angrily brushed past Derek and packed a bag full of clothes and necessary toiletries. Once you finished, you grabbed your phone, your bag, and slipped on your shoes.

"Where are you going, Y/N? It's a little late at night to be driving." Derek called.

You turned around and let Derek see your tears. "It's none of your damn business." You spat and phoned Spencer as soon as you got into your car.

Part of you wanted Derek to come outside and apologize, but part of you didn't want to forgive him right now.

"Sis what's up? Are-Are you okay?" Spencer asked after picking up on the second ring. 

"Spencie can... can I come stay with you for a few days? I need you." You choked out between your bitten back sobs.

"Yeah. Of course you can. Stay as long as you need." Spencer answered.

You said quick goodbyes and hung up before buckling up.

You pulled out of the driveway before you drove down the road to your brother's apartment.

You'll forgive Derek eventually. But it certainly won't be in the next few days.

CMCMCMCM

930 words

Next update:  First Fight - David Rossi

Upcoming Updates
First Fight - Jason Gideon
First Fight - Luke Alvez
First Fight - Matt Simmons
First Fight - Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau
First Fight - Emily Prentiss
First Fight - Penelope Garcia

*Guys, how'd I do writing for Morgan? I know he normally wouldn't act this way, but it was something I came up with on the spot.*