First Fight - Jason Gideon

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of slight vulgarity, guns, being held at gunpoint, lots of yelling

CMCMCMCM

Year: 1997

Ten years is a long time to be with someone.

You and Jason had started dating in 1987, and remained professional when it came to your place of work. You thought that leaving your personal drama at home would make everything easier for everyone.

But that wasn't the case today.

It was a bit difficult for you to go to work now, seeing as your brother had recently retired from the agency. Turns out, David much preferred writing about the experiences with serial killers than finding them.

Aaron Hotchner was still fairly new to the Unit. He was married to his high school sweetheart, Haley Brooks. Aaron was a good man, and he was a damn good profiler.

But today just wasn't one of those good days.

You and Jason had been tense when you two walked into the bunker. You said a quick 'good morning' to Hotch before putting a pile of files on your desk. Jason was trying to focus on his book of birds.

The tension in the air was thick enough to cut through it with a knife.

Hotch left the bunker to go and grab something from his car, leaving you and your lover of ten years alone in the bunker.

You gave Jason a few subtle looks, but he never returned them. You grew frustrated, and closed the file you had been looking through.

"You're seriously not going to talk to me Jason?" You asked softly.

Jason kept his eyes on the book. He looked deep in thought. Normally, he would respond... but he was unnaturally quiet. This pissed you off.

The most recent case you three had been on, the unsub held you at gunpoint. You remained unfazed by the entire ordeal... which didn't sit very well with Jason.

He barely talked to you for the next few days, and he slept in the extra room. You had no idea why he was being so distant from you. It really hurt.

Jason still hadn't said anything. This encouraged you to speak again.

"I don't understand why you won't talk to me."

Jason glanced up briefly before averting his eyes back to the book on his desk. He heard your hands slam on your desk, and he looked up at you again.

"Calm down Y/N. You're overreacting."

Your eyes widened comically, and your face held a look of disbelief.

"I'm overreacting? Says the man that hasn't talked to me in almost a week! How did you think I would react?"

Jason sighed. "You have no idea what I'm going through!" He said loudly. This raised an alarm with you; Jason rarely raised his voice.

"You're right. I don't know what you're going through. Do you know why? Because you won't talk to me. Look... I get that me being at gunpoint scared you, but Jason, you're making a big deal out of it." You explained.

Jason stood up. "Well forgive me for being a concerned boyfriend! You could've died, and you acted like it was nothing!"

"We had the profile, and it led us to him. We didn't know he would react so violently. He wanted to see fear from me, but I wasn't going to give him what he wanted. I'm not going to apologize for doing my job!" You stated as you also stood up.

"God you're so damn stubborn!" Jason exclaimed.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm Italian; what did you expect?" You said as you made your way out of the bunker.

"Where are you going?" Jason called.

"Screw you." You snapped and slammed the door behind you.

You stepped outside and sat in your car, trying to contain your tears. You ultimately failed, and you let out soft cries into your hands.

You hated fighting with Jason. It was a god-awful experience. But it was clear that both of you weren't ready to sort things out just yet.

And today was supposed to be a good day... because you had really good news.

CMCMCMCM

682 words

Next update: First Fight - Luke Alvez

Upcoming Updates
First Fight - Matt Simmons
First Fight - Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau
First Fight - Emily Prentiss
First Fight - Penelope Garcia
Making Up - Aaron Hotchner
Making Up - Spencer Reid
Making Up - Derek Morgan
Making Up - David Rossi
Making Up - Jason Gideon
Making Up - Luke Alvez