Prologue

THE FOLLOWING WORDS, NAMES, EVENTS, INCIDENTS AND STORY ARE FICTIONS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PEOPLE, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURRELY COINCIDENTAL. STORY INFRINGEMENT OR PLAGIARISM IN FORMS INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED DUPLICATION, DISTRIBUTION, EXIBITION OR ANY FORM AT ALL WILL RESULT IN SEVERE CONSEQUENCES AND CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.

COPYRIGHT 2020

A SHODIMU SOPHIA, DREAM_WRITER11 NOVEL.

FRENCH ROSE.

Written from Christina King’s point of view.

Three.

I could hear her footsteps getting louder as that second  passed. It was a little slower than I expected considering she yelled my name thrice already. It was a struggle to pretend I was still asleep. I didn't know why but it just wasn't my thing. I would try my best and still get caught at the end of the day.

Two.

Thinking of it, she was taking quite an amount of time. The kitchen up to my room was a two minute walk or even less. I'd been staring at the clock and saw she'd been walking for about five minutes now. My courage, however, wasn't lost.

One.

“You can’t spend the rest of your life in bed eating pizza and coke” Mom said, pulling my door open in every single way but quiet. Crossing her arms over her huge belly, she gave me the look she gave every morning after getting the satisfaction of tearing me away from my morning routine of staying in bed till I was sure they weren't in the house anymore.

My parents didn't approve of it. They loved having breakfast with the whole family and that was something I liked for a while but after years of realising it would always end up in them saying stuff about me

But guess what? That stopped a few days ago cause this girl is grown enough to do it publicly.

“Yes, I can. I’m grown up now, remember?”

She didn't like when I said that. I don't know why but she simply didn't like it at all. I could just notice it from the look on her face. She rarely got upset with me but she just didn't like that I'd finally gotten to the age where I could do things on my own. I, on the other hand, didn't mind at all. There were a lot of promises they made and a lot of things I wasn't allowed to do before then but now, it's a different story.

"You know I don't like it"

"But it's the truth. You're the one who said eighteen is the age when you let go"

"But you're still so small and cute"

No, I didn’t have the perfect look.

I got my mom’s petite figure but unfortunately wasn’t blessed in the right places like she was. The only good thing about me were my sweet legs and that’s because they were strong enough to take me to places. In fact, I had medals to prove it.

“Your first week as an adult and you spend your time eating pizza and fizzy drinks?” She asked, giving me a disgusted look “I did worse your age. I literally had my room filled with_”

“You’re meant to tell her how it’s wrong to do so!” Dad yelled from wherever he was, correcting her for the one billionth time.

“Oh yeah! I mean it’s bad. You should be eating healthy stuff cause it’s good for you” She corrected “Did I do it right this time?!"

“Yeah whatever, just tell her already!”

“Your father and I would like to speak to you during breakfast which has been going on for minutes now, just so you know”