[12]

Tim stumbled inside the cave silently, trudging up to the shower rooms. It wasn't the first time he had returned to the cave in an injured state, nor was it the first time for him to keep it from Bruce. Luckily for him, the cave was empty; Batman and Nightwing hadn't returned from patrol yet and even Alfred wasn't there at the moment.

He kept a first aid kit stashed away in the shower room so that he could patch himself up before anyone could notice, however it was always quite difficult to dodge Alfred since he always seem to know when Tim was injured but hiding it.

He left his boots, cape and staff outside then locked the door to the shower room, cautiously stripping out of his suit. Turning on the shower he stood under the soothing hot water for a while washing off the blood from his body carefully.

His torso was littered with scars and bruises, a clear reminder of the days he had spent in training to become Robin and also of the patrol nights where he had encountered dangerous criminals. 

Jason was right in saying that he hadn't faced even half of the dangers that Jay had been through before being taken in by Bruce, all due to his rich parents and higher social status. But now that Jack and Janet Drake were no more and he had managed to persuade Bruce into letting him take the role of Robin, he had left his old lifestyle behind.

He had spent a whole year in training and at first it had been extremely difficult for him to adjust to the changes. He had sprained his joints too many times for him to remember, and sometimes he would get so fatigued that anyone else in his place would have long given up.

But he was quite determined to prove himself and after months of training and hard work, he had finally been ready to patrol alongside Batman.

He turned off the knob and the water pouring down his body stopped. And when the sound of running water subsided, he realized that someone was knocking on the door.

"Occupied," he called out.

"Tim, are you okay? You've been in for almost an hour now," Dick's concerned voice reached him and he sighed wearily, bending under the sink to take out his first aid kit.

"I'm fine, I just lost track of time. I'll be out in a minute."

"You sure you're okay?"

"Of course Dick, don't worry."

He heard the footsteps retreat as he unwrapped the bandage from its packaging then after carefully applying the ointment on his bruised limbs and torso, he wrapped the bleeding cuts up.

"You forgot your clothes outside." 

He looked up to see his pajamas and a full sleeved shirt resting on the top edge of the door panel, "thanks."

After being done with patching himself up properly, Tim cautiously slipped on the pajamas and shirt, knowing that it would fully cover up the injuries he had received. He could do nothing about the cut near his mouth though and the scratches on his neck and chin so he simply applied a thin layer of ointment and let it be. 

Richard was waiting for him when he stepped out and for a second he froze but then knowing that he had had enough practice in fooling Bruce about his injuries, he relaxed and walked out normally.

But it seemed as if luck wasn't in his favor for the elder brother's blue eyes narrowed slightly as he watched him.

"What happened?" Richard asked trying to place a hand on his shoulder but he backed off, knowing that if he didn't, the wince of pain would betray him.

"Nothing," he replied nonchalantly, trying his best to hide the fact that he was injured.

"You are limping, Tim. I know something happened and you aren't telling me."