Irmin lé Loviel (Kingdom of Loviel)

Loud whispers, talking, and excited voices drifted through the windows. It began to make me curious. There wasn't any event planned that I knew of, was there? Had mother and father left something to surprise us?
The noises got louder.
Curiosity getting to the best of me, I put my book down and crawled out of my bed rushing to the window.

People. Dwarves, women, men, an elf or two. 'What has them so excited?' I wondered, eyebrows furrowed.
My younger sibling, Christy the second oldest came running towards me, excited.
"You know you're not suppose to run indoors." I scolded.
"But don't you know what's happening!?" She said excitedly bouncing on her toes.
I looked out the window and to my sister again completely confused. "No, I don't."
"Where's Gina?" I asked.
Gina was our Dwarven Nanny. One of them, we had two.
The other was elderly, human and had a husband to take care of also. We rarely saw her.

Christy sighed, rolling her eyes. "Gina's watching Graham. Now can I show you?"
"I have lessons, Christy. It'll have to wait. I'm sure mother and father can handle it."
She sighed and stomped off.
"Go find Graham!" I yelled after her.

Curiosity still ate at me, however. Biting my lip I looked at the dispersing crowd, and the book and needle work on my bed... One being completely boring. After thinking for a good five minutes I gave in, grumbling.
'... "Curiosity killed the cat, knowledge brought it back..." As mother always says.' I thought to myself.

Opening my bedroom door, my feet led me toward the noise. I was the next-in-line so I had some more freedom. But, also more responsibility.

Looking out the window to my left, I saw the crowd in the courtyard gather around something.

"Courtyard it is, then..." I whispered.

Picking up my dress, I hurried down the stairs and made it towards the courtyard. Once their, the crowd had calmed down into whispers. Whatever had excited them had vanished.

My ears caught the words, "handsome", "jewels", "trade", "looked rich", "female".

I couldn't put sense to them. I knew well enough not to listen to rumors, or whispers. Lesson learned long ago. That one got me bullied and in trouble.

Now utterly confused, I made my way to see my mother and father. They'd no doubt be on the thrones.

Only... They weren't.

Maybe Christy knew where they were? I would ask her what was going on, but like I said before - I don't listen to whispers or rumors. It's better to hear it straight from the source. Mother and Father are that source. I think.

Now making my way to see our Nanny, Gina and hopefully my two other siblings. All I could do, is wait. Usually when our parents aren't in the Throne Room or with us, it's business.

Knocking on Graham's door I heard a faint "come in." Opening the door, I saw my youngest sibling Graham sitting, making a bow. I looked to Gina who was watching and overlooking the project. "Are you sure that's safe?" I worried.
"Oh, yes dear. Dwarrows do it all the time in Ered Luin." She reassured me.
"No offense, but Graham isn't as sturdy as a Dwarf. Sure the Luxford line isn't exactly pure human. But, he could still get hurt." I explained, watching carefully.
"I'll watch him, Rhiannon no worries." Gina spoke softly.

Christy sat on the floor playing with her dolls.
Watching the three, I remembered the responsibilities I had. Which, in turn made me curse under my breath.
I had a quarter of a book to study. Another one of my family history, how to control it and help others.
The next volume held the dangers our abilities have. Which, I was looking very forward to reading.... Not.

But, every little bit helps.

Not to mention the dreaded needle work. Which I saw as pointless.

I eventually headed back to my chambers to study, and fell asleep doing so.

A servant, Lina knocked on my door calling for dinner. 'Finally, some answers.'
However, we were rewarded with other news instead. Mother was with child.
I had so many questions beforehand. Now, my mind just hurts. Another sibling? Happiness and worry... Immediately entered my mind.

"Rhiannon darling, what's wrong?" Mother asked.
"What if... What happens if you bleed out?" I spoke one of my many fears.
She clenched my hand. "I'll be fine sweetheart."
"How do you know?" Graham asked.
"I just do." She winked.
"Trust your mother, son." Father spoke.
"Yes, sir." He spoke quietly,
I put my hand on Graham's shoulder, smiling in comfort.
Everything would be alright.

But what happened earlier? That, never left my mind...

~*~*~*~
Song: Rhiannon
Artist: Fleetwood Mac

Note 📝 : things may seem "rushed/iffy" until chap. 8-9. I haven't written a story like this before please keep that in mind!