Chapter 3

Seokjin

I saw my phone, it was 3 40 AM, only 4 minutes since I last checked. I closed my eyes again but only two faces came into focus as it had been for the last couple of hours ever since I got home.

Jisoo and Jungkook.

I gave up attempting to sleep instead got up took a shower and decided to go visit my sister. It was 4 45 when I reached the columbarium, it was a short drive with empty roads.

"It is too early, we are not open yet" guard there at the front door said with kind smile "You need to wait till it is"

"Aah..." I stood there in the front, not wanting to go back to my car.

"Sit with me kid" he said, pointing to a couple of chairs by the entrance "How old are you? Why are you alone?"

"I am 23", people always assume am a student, I responded to him but left the second question answered.... What would I say? Everyone I loved chose to leave me alone?

"Ahh" he looked unconvinced "You look so young", but he left me in silence.

I sat there, facing the garden that was getting brighter by the second with dawn. Jisoo would have enjoyed the pretty flowers, I couldn't help thinking as I saw the bloom of roses.

As I focused on the flowers, I couldn't help but worry again... would she have found Eomma and Appa? Is she happy? Would she have forgotten me? and then my mind rushed towards the singer's words again 'Someone is always watching over'

Oh My God, I internally panicked, what if she is here and I couldn't know.... Would she be lonely, what if she is hungry?... few of the dramas we watched together flashed in my head, what if they were true and spirits around us struggle too.

I should have got her some food and then suddenly another voice said with more conviction, Jisoo wouldn't be around, she must have reached heaven. She is a pure soul.

I sighed and wiped my tears. This how my I have been for past two weeks, no matter how much I tried I couldn't help myself from stopping this fear for her.

"You can go in now", I felt the guard's hand on my shoulder.

"It will all be okay, eventually" he said. I nodded and got up, thanked him before walking into the columbarium, where now my sister rested along with my parents.

"Hi eomma, appa" I said before focusing on the last picture.

I placed the concert tickets that were stamped inside, next to our picture. "I gave them your card, I even spoke to Jungkook and one more member... they were really nice, like you always say"

I continued telling her everything as I sat down in the center, not bothering to wipe down the tears nor worried about looks the staffs around were giving me.

--------

Jungkook

I was shaken awake by Namjoon hyung, I tried to focus on the surrounding but all I saw was bleary images.

"Go, wash your face" Namjoon said "It is urgent"

"Huh... er... okay" I managed to drag myself from the bed to the bathroom.

"This is not his fault hyung" I heard Namjoon argue with someone

"It's not like we don't know" I heard Hobeom hyung.

Crap, I picked up my phone and saw it was only 11 25 AM, we had reached home only around 2 after dropping him. I should have asked for his name, I shook my head trying to stop myself from thinking about him again. It was a long night, and I had tossed and turned the whole night trying to get his image out of my head.