Chapter 21

Jungkook

As much as it hurt to walk away from stunned Jin, I managed to figure out how to crack through his shells.... And for that am most grateful to Jimin Hyung.

I now know what Jin Hyung needed, someone to take care of him... someone to reassure him that he will be okay. He has always been the caretaker.... It is about time someone plays that role towards him.

We can slowly get on an even footing, I can be subtle about it... if age is all that holds him back, I will prove it is just a number.

I finally found Jimin, sitting with Tae. I couldn't hear their conversation...but I finally caught few words "...not giving up, I will ... Jin is mine"

I gritted my teeth, but then I had promised whatever makes him happy. I walked up to them both, and Jimin tensed on seeing me.

Tae looked up, his eyes furious, "Why are you here? Have you not done enough?"

"Tae" Jimin sighed, but before he could say anything, I quickly closed the gap. They both stood as well, Jimin stepped in front of Tae ready to defend in case things go bad.

I smiled, noticing how Jimin has always been there for Tae Hyung... how could I have missed this. I felt bad for him and made a mental note to return the favor someday

"Well?" Tae asked,

"I am here to apologize" I said as calmly as I can, "not for stopping what was going on... but for the way I stopped it"

"What?", "Eh?" they both said in unison, expression -identical. It was borderline comical, and would have laughed if I was not mad at Tae

"You made him feel helpless Hyung, you made him feel uncomfortable.... That is no way to treat your loved one" I said firmly, "you need to stop. You better stop"

"but it worked in all movies... friends with benef.." Tae whined, his demeanor changing quickly, did he think am on his side.

Seriously, can he not see how much am trying to hold myself back from breaking his nose.

Jimin sighed, as he looked at me.

"Hyung...." I called out to gain his attention, "I love Jin Hyung... from the day I met in that concert."

"What?" Tae was startled, "You don't"

"Don't dismiss my feelings for him Hyung...." I said again, "I love him and will fight for him fair and square"

"I like him too" Tae was equally stubborn.

"Well, then that's the difference" I smirked, "it is for him to choose then right?"

Tae frowned at the choice of my words, while Jimin watched our interaction in silence

"you can try and win him" I said, "but don't do something idiotic like you have been doing... understand when someone says No, it means NO"

"I will apologize to him" Tae finally said, "but I am not giving up"

I chuckled, "If I were you... I will look into my heart carefully... the answer might be closer than you think". I heard Jimin gasp, but Tae being Tae ignored his so-called soulmate.

"Don't be cocky" Tae challenged, "I can make him fall for me"

I know he can, if he wanted to... Tae had that charm, heart and attitude. If only, it was not Jin Hyung I would have totally bet on him.

"Just don't make him uncomfortable" I sighed, if Jin chooses Tae or Namjoon or anyone else... I would back off, I only want him happy.

"have learned my lesson" Tae said firmly, and then his expression softened "and it's okay...."