Chapter 10

SeokJin

"How are you?" I looked at Jisoo's picture in the columbarium, "I still feel you around me you know.... in Jimin's teasing, Yoongi's smirk, Tae's randomness... hmmm mostly in Tae's intuition. No wonder you liked him the best"

I placed a group photo I had taken with them, not in the front but behind her picture.

"My first stage performance is tonight" I told her, "will you be watching with mom and dad?" I continued to spread the food's I had got for her and my parents – mostly what I cooked but I had got all her favorites snacks, chocolates.

"I leave them for you in my room too, but boys keep stealing them" I chuckled, "you should have listened to Yoongi getting caught but blaming Jimin instead. It was hilarious"

I straightened "I don't know if am happy, but I am not sad" I continued as I always do when I talk to her, recounting the day's events or my confused feelings for Kookie. It has become my habit to visit her every Sunday.

"How are you?" the security guard asked me, as he crossed our aisle "You are debuting today right? Will you still come once you get famous?"

I looked shocked, it was supposed to be secret as I make a stage appearance and sing along with Yoongi,.. er Suga, I mentally corrected myself.

"How...?" I panicked

"You talk pretty loud kid" he chuckled, "and the walls are thin plus at 6 on a Sunday its only me around here" he was not laughing at me, "don't worry all your secrets are safe with me"

Crap... he must have heard everything.

"If I have heard it right, I am pretty sure that boy loves you too" he said with a small smile, "but go figure" he just continued to walk away drinking the coffee I usually get him along with breakfast.

I sighed and looked at my parents' picture, mentally slapping myself. Me and my loudmouth.

"Anyways.... Hope you are proud and ignore if I mess it up" I sighed and closed the glass door, but not before placing a quick kiss on my sister's picture.

I walked towards my car, and the guard caught me just as I got into my car "break a leg, jinna"

"Thanks Hyung" I smiled and waved back to him as I drove away.

-------

"You will do great" Sejin Hyung said, as we stood backstage watching their performance for a live TV show. The plan was to start with their band songs, move on to my debut song with Yoongi, my solo, subunit song and finish off with their group performance.

It was a nice way to introduce me to the audience, I had to give it to their PR team.

They only released my stage name when the songs name out not a single picture. I was already nicknamed the 'Mystery Singer'

I took a deep breath, while everyone except for Yoongi ran backstage.

Yoongi had already started his intro and I need to join him in next 2 minutes.

"You will be great Hyung, just sing for yourself" Jungkook said to me, before he ran back to change to his next costume.

I took my position, there was a count down before the light was going to shine on me....

My make or break moment. I closed my eyes and concentrated only on the beat.

'Soooo faaarrrrrrrrrrr awayyyyy' I started and sang my part, and Yoongi continued. 

It was time for my solo, and by now I was standing in the center of the stage.

Everything around me became silent, I was not sure if it was due to my inear headset or my nerves, I just imagined my family waiting for me to sing and started concentrating on the beat

'Maybe I, I can never fly' I finally opened my eyes and the I caught entire BTS sitting in front of me on the stage and I managed to lock my eyes on Jungkook's that shined so bright turning all stage lightings dull by comparison.

'I can't fly like the flower petals over there. Or as though I have wings ' I continued, I was singing only for them now and the lyrics fit perfectly as I saw the six people sitting in front of me.

I finished my song and waited for a heartbeat, there was a pin drop silence before the audience broke out into a standing ovation, BTS included.

Jungkook ran to me to hug, but ever alert Hobi held him back not wanting to cause any rumors but that didn't stop Tae from throwing himself over me and Namjoon caught us before I lost my balance.

It ended as quickly as it had started and next was Jamais Vu with Jungkook and Hobi. They ruled the stage while I managed to hang back and not cause major disaster.

Finally, I went backstage and I couldn't believe it was over. I had debuted. WOW.

The 13 minutes on stage felt like an eternity, but I had made it without breaking my own or anyone else's bone.

"You did great" Hobeom Hyung said with a smile as he patted my back. Sejin grinned wide as he showed me thumbs up.

"You should thank Jiminssi for your hairstyle suggestion" our stylist Hana noona said as she winked at me "You looked sexy ... er smoking hot on screen"

"I can hear girls swooning over you" another stylist commented, "maybe some boys too"

"Err..." I didn't know what to say so I focused on the screen watching them perform their last song.

"Aww..." I heard Hana noona laugh "now he is cute"

Why do these people keep saying that? It was ridiculous but I just continued to concentrate on their performance.

I am a 23 year old man, I can't be cute.

------

"Hyung" I woke up startled as Jungkook dashed into my shared room with Yoongi "You were amazing, your Awake has so many views and you should read the comments"

He jumped up on my bed as he pulled me to sit up. It was not even an hour since we all reached back to our dorms and my phone was stolen forcefully so that I don't check any comments.

"Get out" Yoongi grunted from his bed "I am trying to sleep here"

"But Hyungggg" Jungkook whined cutely "the response is so good"

"he won't know, Namjoon stole all his gadgets" Yoongi couldn't control the excitement in his voice as he joined us on my bed saying, "show me".

"Well" Jungkook hesitated, "it is not all positive, but it is mostly positive" as he handed over his phone to Yoongi, who shared it with me to see.

"Hyunggg" it was Jimin and Tae, who were now by our door and soon they joined me on my bed too "Aish.. this kid" Jimin pushed Kookie out of his way "I won't steal your Hyung, just give me some space to sit"

"You guys saw the comments?" Tae laughed "this is great"

"So much for telling you guys to wait for our PD nim to get back" Namjoon said as he walked in, with Hobi few steps behind.

"as if you didn't check Joonie" Jungkook laughed

"but am the leader" Namjoon said, as he smacked the back of Kookie's head "and it's Hyung to you, brat"

"So am I the only one who did not check" I laughed, feeling a bit silly for not actually using Yoongi's laptop.

"whatever, this calls for party" Jimin announced "it is only 11 30, should we sneak out?" he winked at Yoongi, who agreed with his gummy smile.

"But.. it's against..." wide palm covered my mouth instantly "don't be a kill joy, Hyung" Tae laughed "even Yoongi Hyung agreed"

"Let's go, what are we waiting for" it was Namjoon now "let's party"