Chapter 7

Yoongi

Namjoon was tapping his pen at such a speed, it was giving me a headache. We both sat in Bang PD's room waiting along with Seokjin.

Past two days, I have come to like him. He seemed simple and straight forward, while his voice was amazing, he rarely spoke. Only time I heard him sing was when he was cooking dinner for us yesterday.

"Do you agree with Jimin?" Namjoon asked "I don't see why we need him, but I can't help but think there must be a reason for Bang PD's decision"

I sighed, he seemed very stiff in his movement, which meant he can't follow our choreography. He seemed very reserved and was honestly tone deaf. He was too old to be starting fresh.

There was no single reason for him to be offered a spot, especially in a band that had already debuted.... But there was something about him, I couldn't exactly put my finger on.

"Hyung" Namjoon called Seokjin, who smiled at him. His lips were always smiling but his eyes were a different story, but before he could continue Bang PD and Sejin hyung entered the room.

"Why are you two here?" Bang PD asked us the minute he entered "you guys didn't bully him, right?" he asked his tone casual.

"No" Seokjin immediately answered "they were nothing but supportive"

Bang PD just nodded "I hear only 2 wants you to stay"

SeokJin focused on his fingers, "I agree with others"

Silence followed his response for next couple of minutes

"Give me 3 reasons why you won't join, and 2 reasons that made you think you should" Bang PD asked, I was now curious too.

"Do I have to explain?" Seokjin asked, finally looking up.

"Just entertain an old man" Bang PD smiled "I promise not to force you, and then I will give you my reasons for asking you to join them"

Now, this I wanted to hear. I looked at Seokjin, "Hyung, just tell him your thoughts. Please"

He looked at me, maybe he sensed my desperation to know or maybe he was curious as well. He nodded.

"I am not talented, I am too old and I don't deserve this" he said quickly, he closed his eyes before continuing "I have nothing else to do and I want their familial bond"

Okay, that was weird. I agreed with his reasons partially but his reasons to join were plain.

Namjoon just focused on our PD, who smiled softly.

"Okay, fair enough" he said, now listen to my reasons "I heard you sing, your voice if properly trained it can fit any genre. My boys are very different, right now am betting all my horses on Jungkook for bridge but with you I can blend in more variety and make them a global brand that they deserve to be"

I had to agree, it was true all our voices and styles were different and in order to maintain a flow we had to make a lot of compromise and strain our vocals. His voice might easily blend in.

"Lastly" Bang PD got up "they need a pitch like yours to tie them all together, and your visual is not bad either. If you don't want, I will continue to look for someone similar"

He turned towards us "like it  or not, you will definitely get a 7th member, I can promise you the world with that", he walked out leaving us stunned.

"It is okay to be selfish Seokjina" Sejin Hyung softly said "I don't know why you think you don't deserve, but from what I have seen you deserve happiness. Everyone deserves it, this might be a chance to change your life.... But your choice"

Seokjin remained silent.

I sighed, if we are to get a 7th member – he is not a bad option.

"Jin" I called out, "would you like to try singing with us?"

"Huh?" he looked so shocked, his jaws dropped a bit... his expression was so cute, and nothing like that of a 23-year-old. Maybe it was the innocence in his eyes that captivated me, I just smiled

"I have a new song; can you just sing a guide version?" I pleaded, "else I need to wait for another week"

Namjoon looked at me, his eyes suspicious.

"I don't know" Seokjin stuttered.

"Just humm, that will do" I gave him my gummy smile "please". If I guessed right, this man here is too kind to say no.

I didn't give him time to think, instead grabbed his wrist and dragged him to 4th floor where I had my studio, "Do you know how to read music?", I asked once we got into the elevator.

Namjoon just smiled, if I am reading him right his thoughts must also be same as mine.

Seokjin nodded, "It has been so long"

"As long as you can read..." I continued, "it is my song, am producing it and I need a nice vocal... Tae and Jimin's voice wont suite", I handed the music sheet highlight the notes and lyrics.

"These are too ...." He stopped, looking doubtful

"just give it a go" I said, dragging him in front of the mike signaling Namjoon to hit the record.

I started my rap and going with the beat.

Seokjin kept his eyes on the sheet, I can see that he had got the beat by the way he moved his head through the reflection.

"So faaarrrrrr awaaayyyyyyyyyy" his voice was clean, reaching the pitch easily. Two lines and then I started to rap again.

We continued stopping in between, correcting or changing the flow and in next half an hour I had finished recording the guide.

Namjoon, showed a thump up from outside with a wide smile that his dimple showed up.

"He might have  the most innocent smile, but he is a pervert" I pointed to Namjoon "stay clear of him, Jinna"

"Er? Okay..." Seokjin said a bit surprised with the sudden intel. He smiled, "thanks, this was fun"

"Good" I told him, "it is important to enjoy what you do"

"But...." He paused, "I don't want to cause any more problem"

I clicked my tongue not answering him, I can see him still torn with his decision. "Let's go out and listen to what we recorded"

Jin quietly followed me and listened in silence when I played it back for us to hear. He was good, he needed a bit of training to control his breathing, maintain the pitch but he was very close to what I wanted.

"PD nim was right, your voice will easily blend with all of ours" Namjoon said, "Hyung why don't you give us a shot?"

He was silent again, but I can see the wheels turning in his head.

"You just need to train and try a bit harder" I said, "give us a shot for three months and if it doesn't work out you can quit. We don't have comeback scheduled for another half a year"

"I will set Jungkook on you" Namjoon said with a small gleam in his eyes "that kid is hell bent on making you stay, and from what I know he won't rest until he gets what he wants"

Seokjin's face instantly flushed, his ears turned bright red and for the second time in a day I couldn't help but think he was too cute.

Namjoon winked at me.

"All I am saying is, before you decide you don'tdeserve us – just give this a shot and if it fails it fails" I said, "3 monthsHyung, what's the worst that can happen?"