five

" if it all goes wrong

darling just hold on "

General Rieekan grimly glances up from a computer screen in front of them, and motions to the group of Rebels just entering the command room. "Princess, we have a visitor."

They crowd around the computer screen. "We've picked up something outside the base in zone twelve, moving east."

"It's metal." The computer operator interjects.

"Then it couldn't be one of those creatures." Leia sighs in relief. Another one of those things was the last thing they needed.

"It could be a speeder, one of ours." Han suggests.

"All of our speeders have been accounted for." Flynn shoots down the suggestion.

"Wait," the operator pauses, "there's a weak signal coming through."

A short robotic transmission broadcasts over their speakers, before ending in static. Threepio overhears the transmission, and wanders over to the General. "Sir, I am fluent in six million forms of communication. This signal is not used by the Alliance. It could be an Imperial code."

Flynn and Elara share a grim look. "We're screwed." She mouths to him.

"It isn't friendly, whatever it is," Han motions for Chewie to follow him, "Come on, Chewie, let's check it out."

"Send Rogues Ten and Eleven to station three-eight," Rieekan instructs Flynn, "and Princess, you and Aldridge stand by on the radios."

"Yes, sir."

•••

"Afraid there's not much left." Han announces over the radio.

"What was it?" Leia inquires.

"Droid of some kind. I didn't hit it that hard. It must have had a self-destruct."

Oh no.

"An Imperial probe droid." Leia's face drops.

"It's a good bet the Empire knows we're here."

Rieekan stiffens. "We'd better start the evacuation."

Elara activates the evacuation signal, before scurrying off behind Leia to instruct the pilots and other personnel to load their belongings onto the transports.

•••

Elara meets Luke outside of their room, now dressed in his pilot gear. "We got everything?"

"Yes?" He furrows his brows. Is this a trick question?

She pulls a clear bag with three small medicine bottles inside from her jacket pocket. The doctor had given him several prior to his release from the medbay. "You forgot these."