three

[media here]

" only twenty minutes to sleep
but you dream of some
epiphany "

Flynn tapped quietly on the door to Elara and Luke's shared room. "Ellie?"

The rescue mission for Luke left a while before this, and, due to the personal connection, she had been restricted from participating in any way, except she could request status updates. Because of this, she refused to come out of her room. Not even Leia could get her to come out.

She cracked open the door, and looked at her old friend. She spoke in a quiet, almost inaudible voice. "What?"

He held up the cup of coffee in his hand. "I came to update you, and thought you might appreciate a cup of coffee."

The corners of her lip subtly formed a smile. "Thank you."

She opened the door a little wider, gestured for him to come in, and gently closed it once he entered.

"Three vanilla cream and three sugars?" He held out the cup.

She took the cup from his hand and took a sip. Seven year they'd known each other and she still had no clue how he made the best coffee. "Have they found them yet?"

"Ellie," he sighed, "the search left 10 minutes ago. If I had to guess, they've barely made it to the first marker."

She sat down in her desk chair, setting her cup of coffee on the corner of it. "Do you have your radio or something so we'll know what's going on?"

"Yes, Ellie," he sat down on the bed, "but don't get your hopes up. They said last night's storm was bad."

She didn't respond. Instead she stared blankly at the dark screen of the tablet laying on the desk.

Do I tell him? Her mind debated on telling him about the message. Oliver had been his best friend after all. He deserved to know.

I shouldn't hide this from him.

"Can I show you something?" her voice was barely audible.

"What is it?"

She turned on the tablet, and handed to him. "I received this yesterday."

She watched his eyes scan the screen line by line, as as they widened in shock the further her read. His usual cheerful tone faded into a serious one. "Who knows about this?"

"Just you, me, and Leia," she paused, "and Threepio tried to translate it and couldn't."

"If this is real –"

"Leia already lectured me, Flynn." she interrupted.

Static started transmitting through Flynn's radio, with the voices on the other end barely detectable.

"Could be a life form—" More static, then someone familiar. "Nice of you guys to–" it cut out again, but she recognized that voice immediately to be Han. "Found them, I repeat, I found them."

•••

The second the door to the medical ship opened, Elara sprinted on board, where she found Luke laying unconscious on a stretcher, covered in heavy blankets. He was hooked up to oxygen and every type of monitor possible. He had shallow cuts all over his face, and a pale, blue tinge to his skin. He looked nearly lifeless.

She planted a kiss on his forehead, which was icier than the mountains of snow outside.

Immediately, they rushed him to the Rebellion's bacta tank and placed inside, to prevent the worsening of any possible infections he may have sustained.

He remained locked inside the tank for Ive r12 hours, and was only allowed visitors towards the end. Elara, Han, Leia, Chewie, Flynn and the two faithful droids watched him be removed from the tank. He still appeared unconscious as he was dressed and wheeled away to a recovery room.

"Ellie," Han gently tapped her shoulder as she started to follow the stretcher down the hall, "can we talk for a second?"

"What is it?"

"When I found him, he- he was," he stopped to think of his words, "going on about somewhere called 'Dagobah' and 'Yoda' and I don't know if he was just hallucinating or confused or– it was really odd."

She furrowed her brows. "I've never heard those words before in my life."

"It was almost like he was talking to someone... he kept mumbling Ben's name like he was talking to him or something."

"Ben died on the Death Star."

"That's what concerns me." Han sighed.

"If he's mentioned them to me I certainly don't remember," she shook her head, "I'll have them do a scan to see if he has any brain damage."

"Thanks Ellie," Han turned to walk away, "-and keep me updated on the kid will ya? I promise my comm link will be on this time."

"Sure thing, Solo."

a/n
unedited
hello and welcome to the first update in months. I hope y'all enjoyed this! lmk your thoughts & also who should be Flynn's faceclaim. I am open to anyone (as long as they're not problematic irl)!!
also, later in esb there will be a couple sensitive topics mentioned, and every chapter that deals with them will have a tw at the beginning. have a great night y'all :)

sign off gif is by the amazing and talented shangchis