prologue

if you're reading this, cast list is currently down for editing

if you're reading this, cast list is currently down for editing. thank you.

❝wake me from my dream

this must be my dream...❞

Daylight shone brightly onto Leia's pale lilac bedspread, where the Princess laid, her head hanging off the bed's side, while her best friend, Elara sat crisscrossed in front of her pillow, studying a map of constellations on her holopad.

"Ellie," the fifteen year old laughed, "do you want to know what I heard today?"

"What?" Elara continued to study the map. She was utterly fascinated by the stars – the constellations they formed and their beauty despite their mere composure of hot gases – and focused her schooling to focus on them.

"Ellie, are you gonna pay attention?" Leia pulled herself onto the bed, sitting with her head propped on the tall bed frame.

"I am."

"No, you're not! You're too focused on that tablet." Leia snatched the tablet from her friend's hand.

"Leia! Give that back. I was listening to you."

"Sure you were, besides, you can do two seconds without that thing. You'll kill your eyes." Leia switched off the tablet, and sat it in her lap.

"Leia, you're so mean," Elara giggled, rolling her eyes, "what do you want to tell me so bad?"

"You're just sensitive, Ellie," Leia retorted, "but Flynn told me something about that new guy in my mom's tutoring program, Oliver."

"Yeah? What'd he tell you?"

Leia smirked. "That he fancies you."

Elara found herself taken aback. She was used to Leia's usual to-the-point bluntness, but this came as a genuine shock. "Me? Are you sure?"

"Completely. You ever known Flynn to lie?"

That is true. Elara pondered. Flynn tended to be a reserved type, who always was honest out of a fear of hurting someone's feelings. He also was best friends with Oliver, as he'd gotten ecstatic when he found out he'd been accepted into the royal tutoring program. "You're right there, but–"

"But what? You're gorgeous Elara. And you just turned 15, and he's 16, so, age isn't a problem."

"Leia! Just because he–" They're interrupted by a knock at the door.

"What is it?" Leia shouted at the door.

"Your Highness, Elara's mother just comm'd to request her daughter return home for a moment." The voice of Indira, Leia's mother's favorite servant answered.

"Inform her I'm on my way," Elara reluctantly called back, and turned back to Leia, "we'll continue this later."

She retrieved her commlink from Leia's dresser, and headed for the door.