eight

" I see you standing, honey,with his arms around your body

with his arms
around your body... "

"Flynn?" Elara called out. He hadn't gone back to the cockpit, and she wandered the ship in search of him.

She passed the ship's quarters, it's normally opened door was sealed shut. She stopped in her tracks, and tapped her knuckles on the metal. "Flynn, you in there?"

A frustrated sigh came from the other side. "Leave me alone."

"Flynn," she pleaded, "please. I swear I didn't know."

"Yeah. Sure." He scoffed.

"Really? If you really think I'd do that to you," she tapped the door again, "you're crazy. Come on."

Silence seeped through both sides of the door. She waited for him to either respond, or unlock the door, while he waited for her to leave. Fed up, she turned and walked back up the corridor to the cockpit.

Already in the cockpit is Leia, peacefully glancing out the windshield from Chewie's seat. She's caught off guard by Elara throwing herself down into the seat behind Han's. "You alright?"

"Yeah," sarcasm weaves through her voice, "I'm just fine."

"I know that tone. Did Han–" Leia goes silent. A flick of movement outside caught her eye. "Did you see that too?"

"See what?" Elara shifts focus to where Leia was staring off at. Silence overflows the cockpit as both anxiously search for any sign of movement.

A winged creature suctions itself to the windshield, and Elara studies it curiously. "What is that?"

"I don't know, but I don't like it." Leia, too, studies it. It sits motionlessly on the glass for several seconds, before flashing open it's huge, creepy yellow eyes. The Princess screams, and jumps backwards into a seat, startled.

The thing screeches, and scurries off. Leia races out of the cockpit, and Elara follows. She doesn't find herself particularly disturbed by it other than the fact it could mess up the Falcon's exterior and screw them over, especially if there was more than one crawling around. "There's something out there!"

"Where?" Han looks to the Princess with concern.

"Outside in the cave." She pointed toward the boarding ramp.

"Looks like some weird bat looking thing." Elara sighed as a clanging sound echoes through the Falcon.

Chewbacca roars in distress. "There it is! Listen! Listen!"

Han rips off his goggles and slams down the welding tool in his hand. "I'm going out there!"

"Are you crazy?!" Leia starts after him.

"I just got this bucket back together. I'm not gonna let something tear it apart!" Han grabs a breathing mask from a hook next to the boarding ramp. Chewie grabs one too and follows Han off the ship.

"Then I'm going with you!" Leia snatched a mask and scurried behind them.

"You gotta be kidding me." Elara follows after them, grabbing the last mask off the hook. There was no way she was letting those two outside the ship by themselves.

"I think it might be better if I stay here and guard the ship." Threepio pondered as the girl wandered out of his view.

She steps outside, caught off guard by the soggy ground. She cast her flashlight down at the ground, discovering that it was a weird, unfamiliar texture that didn't seem to be like any rock she'd encountered or been taught existed. "Huh."

Leia stamped her foot curiously on the ground while continuing forwards. "This ground sure feels strange. It doesn't feel like rock."

"There's an awful lot of moisture in here." Han looks around at the cave's insides.

"I don't know," Leia studies the odd surfaces of the cave, "I have bad feeling about this."

"Yeah, me too," Han glances at part of the Falcon above Elara's head, "watch out!"

A leathery creature crawls across the ships surface, and Elara ducks as Han pulls out his blaster and nails it. It screeches loudly before falling lifelessly onto the ground in front of Leia. The smuggler bends down to inspect the creature. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Mynock.  Chewie, check the rest of the ship, make sure there aren't any more attached. They're chewing on the power cables."

"Mynocks?" Leia inquires. She'd learned about them in a galactic biology class on Alderaan, but struggled to remember what environments they were native to.

"Just go on inside. We'll clean 'em off if there's any more of them." Han gestures to the ship's boarding ramp.

"Han." Elara eyes several of them perched on the Falcon at the moment they release themselves and start moving towards the rebels.

"What?"

Before she could answer, they all menacingly swarm the group. Leia covers her head as Elara pulls her towards the boarding ramp. Chewie and Han attempt to shoo the creatures away with their blasters. Han pauses a second, and glances around the cave again. "Wait a minute."

"What is it, Solo?" Elara watches as the smuggler points his blaster to the ground, and fires. The fire causes the cave's ground to buckle and shake violently. The two women cling to the sides of the boarding ramp in effort to keep themselves upright.

Han and Chewie race against the unstable ground to make it onto the ship. Han immediately closes the ramp and darts into the ship's main hold. "All right Chewie, let's get out of here!"

"The Empire's still out there! I don't think it's wise to–" Leia attempted to advise.

"No time to discuss this in a committee!" Han takes off toward the cockpit, struggling to keep his balance amidst the continuing shaking.

"I am not a committee!" Leia snapped, herself being bounced of the walls trying to stay balanced as she stomps after Han.

"What the hell is going on?" Elara finds herself knocked into the wall against Flynn, who had finally decided to venture from the ship's quarters.

"What's going on is that we are getting out of here and you need to get strapped in. C'mon." She pulled herself off him and stumbled off to the cockpit.

"You can't make the jump to lightspeed in this asteroid field!" Leia scolds Han as the others enter the cockpit.

"Sit down, sweetheart. We're taking off!" Leia throws herself back into a seat and straps herself in while Flynn and Elara situate themselves the same way they had been prior to the asteroid field.

"Look!" Threepio, who had snuck in at the last second, pointed to the cave's entrance as the Falcon took off.

"I see it, I see it." Han sighs. Soon they all see what Threepio had been pointing to. As they got closer to the entrance, the odd white formations that surrounded the cave's entrance began to close in.

"The cave is collapsing!" Leia panicked.

"This is no cave." Han announced.

a/n

hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed the update :)
this is more of a filler I know, but soon we will get into a lot of og content, including some more things from Luke's perspective. I'm so excited to share it with you all!!

also can we appreciate the amazing graphic by shangchis <3

if you can guess what song I used at the beginning without looking it up then you have excellent music taste. anyways, comment and vote if you enjoyed! I gotta go do some homework for my pharmacy class now bye :)