six

" the situationis like a mountain that's been weighing on my conscience "

" the situation
is like a mountain
that's been weighing on my conscience "

•••

Elara's boots thud across the icy corridors as she, Han, Leia, and Flynn race towards the last transport. Blocks of snow and ice crumble around them. Threepio lags behind them, unable to keep up due to the cold stiffening his metallic joints.

Another powerful explosion rocks the base, sending debris flying in every direction. Elara shoved Flynn behind her while Han dives to shield Leia from the heavy blocks of ice caving in on top of them.

Before the snowy dust settles, Han is digging through the debris to find a way through the now blocked corridor, but is only able to clear a minute hole at the very top. Frustrated, he grabs the commlink from his pocket, and dials the transport. "Transport, this is Solo. Better take off. I can't get to you. I'll get 'em out on the Falcon."

Han pauses to help Leia up, then takes off down the hall. Threepio, however, had nearly reached the blocked hallway, and froze in confusion as the rebels raced past him in the opposite direction. "But, wait! Where are you going? Come back!"

Seconds later, they reach the hangar door, and Han smashes the keypad and grants them immediate access to the hangar.

"Wait, wait, wait for me, stop!" Threepio's metallic voice calls out as soon as the hangar door slides shut.

"Just leave him!" Elara calls out from the Falcon. Chewie growled in agreement, motioning for Han to come on. They would be dead meat if they waited a second longer for Threepio.

Han defies this, and within a split second he's reopened the door, pulled Threepio inside, shut the door, and is on board the Falcon. "Hurry up, goldenrod, or you're gonna be a permanent resident!"

"Wait, wait!" The droid continues to cry out as Han starts to close the Falcon's boarding ramp. He manages to shuffle inside right as it closed.

Chaos erupts around the Falcon. Outside, yet another explosion plummets blocks of ice onto the outside of the ship, inside, Han and Chewie struggled to even get the ship started. The time they needed it the most, the Falcon failed them.

Flynn and Elara stood against a wall, silently observing the chaos, as Han and Chewie rushed to different control boards. Luke had taught Elara some about repairing ships, but the Falcon was leagues more complicated than an X Wing or speeder, while Flynn knew next to nothing.

Chewie roars as steam blows out of one of the Falcon's systems into his face.

"How's this?" Han flips a switch on control board, desperately trying to remedy the issue.

"Would it help if I got out and pushed?" Leia snaps.

"It might!"

Threepio came rushing into the crowded area of the Falcon. "Captain Solo! Captain Solo! Might I suggest that you –"