Jaemsung - cant sleep (drabble)

Jisung couldn't fall asleep. No matter how hard he tried. Really- he tried everything from counting sheep (he got to 283 before he gave up) and that trick where you keep your eyes open as long as possible, and they eventually get heavy lulling your body to the blissful land of sleep. Usually one of these things works for him.

Unfortunately it does not seem like any were going to today. He has been staring up at the underside of his bunk bed for what seems like forever and he doesn't even want to know what time it could possibly be. He's brain just won't shut up. It keeps spinning and spinning going over all his past mistakes and bigger things that he is desperately trying to not think about.

Deciding he doesn't want to be alone anymore he pushed himself up with his arms and feels his feet hit the cold floor. He picks himself up, trudging towards the door of his jaemin hyungs room, hoping he'll be there. Either awake and provide some entertainment or company, Or maybe asleep so he can cuddle with him, he doesn't know which he would prefer.

Jisung stops in front of his door, pushing it open slowly hoping to avoid the usual creaking sound it gives off. Successful in doing so he slips into the room quietly before shutting the door again behind him. He can't fight the smile that creeps on his face when he sees his jaemin-hyung's figure all cuddled up under the blankets. He looks so warm and familiar.

Jisung wastes no time in crossing the room, making his way into the others cozy looking bed. He drapes himself over the older, almost immediately feeling at ease when the older moves over to give him more room.

"Why are you awake? It's late jisungie."

"I know. Couldn't sleep" jisung whispers back

"mhm. Come here you big baby." And sleep is basically radiating off jaemin as he is speaking. It's cute jisung thinks.

It's warm under the covers, and even more so when jisung snuggles up to jaemin. It's quiet save for their breathing, a steady rise and fall.

"Do you need to talk about anything? Or just can't sleep?" Jaemin asks gently.

" I'm thinking about the graduation system again." Jisung shocks himself when the words spill from his mouth. He had been doing so well in keeping it as far outta his mind as he could. Well apparently not that well.

There's a gentle rub on his shoulder, silent encouragement from Jaemin to continue if he wants.

"It's just... I don't want to be left behind. Dream won't be the same without all 7 of us. It's hard enough without mark- hyung, I just.. it's unfair... I don't want to lose you all."  Theres a tightness in his throat and a prickling of tears behind his eyes and his chest keeps tightening. He wants to cry. So he does. His tears slip down his cheek leaving tear tracks in their wake, but jaemin is quick to wipe them away.

"hey..hey it's okay jisungie. You won't lose us. I'm right here, we're all right here. Even Mark-hyung, He is still in the group chat...you can't get rid of us that easily yknow?"

The room is filled with small hiccups before jaemin speaks again,

"It's scary, and it is unfair, of course it is... but we have so much time ahead of us. We can fill that time with irreplaceable memories together. We're nct dream, nothing will change that. We're family."

It's not that jisung doesn't know this in some deep part of his brain, he knows logically they have more time. But he can't help but fear the future. He doesn't want to be left behind.

And as if he can read his mind Jaemin quietly speaks, his breath fanning against the top of his head.

"I love you jisungie. So much. We aren't leaving you behind."

Jisung's vision is soft around the edges from his tears as he snuggles further into jaemin's body.

"mhm yeah. Thank you hyung. I love you too."

"Try to get some rest hm? We can talk more in the morning if you need okay? But please get some sleep." Maybe it's the warmth of his hyung, his sleepy voice as he gets pulled ever closer to his body or the exhaustion from his crying that is slowly lulling him to sleep.
Who knows.
But he should really get some sleep...

He can worry about the future tomorrow.

—————
hii! heres a jaemsung drabble! Hehe