nomin- christmas cookies

"jeno I swear to god, if you throw that at me I'm dumping your ass."  There's no real heat the jaemin's threat but jeno lowers his hand full of flour nonetheless. Offering a sheepish smile and a cheek kiss as an apology, to which jaemin accepts.

The kitchen is already a mess, much to Jaemin's dismay. They're trying to bake Christmas cookies. Not a taxing task if you ask most people, however when you're stupid in love and can't take anything seriously, baking together may prove to be somewhat more difficult.

It starts out okay. All the baking supplies lined up on the counter, recipe taped up on the cupboard, festive music playing through the speaker. But that's about as far as okay goes.

Halfway through the recipe and there's already been a flour fight, the kitchen is now a disaster, and the speaker died.

But they plan to make the most of their baking day.

"you started it." Its a barley audible mumble from jeno that ignites a round of giggles.

"We should make this an annual event. That could be fun don't you think jeno?"

"The baking or the flour fight?"

The only answer is Jaemin glaring at jeno.

It's a quaint scene honestly, Jaemin mixing the batter in a round bowl and jeno at the sink washing a few of the various dishes that were used.

It's domestic and Jaemin can't fight the butterflies that fill his tummy when jeno hugs him from behind. His warm body pressed gently, lovingly against his, followed by jeno's arms come to wrap around Jaemin's middle.

The sway together to some imaginary music, hoping it's the same song filling their heads. The keep swaying until Jaemin is done mixing and once he is jeno spins him slowly to face him.

"I love you Nana."

It's a hushed confession, one for Jaemin only, one that Jaemin has heard more than a few times. That doesn't mean he doesn't fall in love all over again when he hears it.

"Mhm I love you so much Nono."

Jeno leans down to capture Jaemin's lips in a quick kiss.  It's soft and gentle, and Jaemin all but melts.

There's flour all over the kitchen and all over their faces but they don't mind. Not right now anyway. Not when they're in each other's arms, they wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

"We should really finish the cookies." Jeno whispers in Jaemin's ear.

"Really? We're having a romantic moment and all you say is we should finish the cookies?" Jaemin huffs out a sigh followed by a pout on his face.

Jeno just laughs and pulls him closer to his chest. It's warm Jaemin thinks.

They do eventually break the hug to finish the cookies. Which doesn't go much better than the baking, if we're being honest. All the sprinkles roll to the ground, the icing dripping onto the countertops. It's a disaster zone really.

But they're making memories together, even if it'll take hours to clean up the kitchen, they're creating a memory. Just for the two of them. All for themselves. 

"What colour should I make the snowman's eyes? I'm thinking blue or brown."

"Give him purple eyes, that would be pretty don't you think?" Jeno replies barely looking up from his own cookies.

"Yeah that's true. But not nearly as pretty as you Jeno." Jaemin says it somewhat absentmindedly, already reaching for the purple sprinkles.

Jeno flushes a soft pink. You might think he'd be used to all Jaemin's flirting by now, and he may claim he is, but the pink hue dancing across his skin begs to differ.

Smiling to himself jeno continues on his decorating.

They only get sidetracked a few times.
One of them being jeno smearing frosting on jaemin's cheek and nose. Laughing loudly at jaemin's reaction before pulling him close to wipe it away and kiss him a few times.

The other sidetrack being said kisses, and a few more after the fact, but those are always a happy sidetrack if you ask them.

Eventually they've finished decorating and the cookies are in the oven the boys set to work on cleaning the mess they've created.

Oddly enough It doesn't take them that long to clean the mess that was once a kitchen. In fact, they're done by the time the batch of cookies in the oven are done.

"Wah they look really good jaem!" His eyes are sparkling as he looks to Jaemin, smiling brighter than all the stars combined and sweeter than any candy.

"Yeah, they really do. Thank you for doing this with me." Jaemin replies, and maybe it's the way Jaemin says it oh so softly like the words that spill from his lips are worth millions, and only for jeno to hear. Or maybe it's the way he's looking at jeno, looking at him like he is the only person on the planet. Like he couldn't imagine life without him. Maybe it's a combination of them but Jeno's heart is so incredibly full. He's so deeply in love with this boy he might explode.

He can't help but steal another kiss from this stupid lovely boy of his.
And the kiss they share is warm and tastes even sweeter than the Christmas cookies they've spent so long baking. 

"We should really bake more often."

—————-
Short & sweet!
Kinda confusing to follow but! keeping the streak goin les get it!