Markhyuck-kiss me under the mistletoe (and maybe under the covers too)

Mark always loved Christmas. The snow and chilly weather felt like Canada. Reminding him of his home town and filling his heart with warmth despite the frost on the windows.
But he loved the slowness, the stillness of the world around him more. The winter brought calm. Plus the festivities were a bonus.

The dreamies loved to do a Christmas Eve party, either just dream or all of NCT it didn't matter. They just liked to get together and celebrate with some overplayed Christmas music and sweets.

He was planning to help the others put up a few decorations but his manager had other plans and delivered him to the practice room. Superm practice, how could he forget?  Shooting off a quick text to renjun apologizing, he threw himself into practice.

It was a nice practice but he just couldn't wait to get home and shower. He didn't really enjoy the  sweat trickling down his back or his forehead. Plus he wanted to get join the festivities and hopefully not be as late as he usually is.

A bit later right when the choreographer said they were done, Mark was out the door. 

Arriving at the 127 dorm he hopped in the shower. Letting the warm water soak his muscles and wash away the sweat from his practice, he sighed. He loved warm showers.

He let his mind wander while he was under the steady stream of water. Thinking about what he should wear, should he bring anything? But as if he couldn't control it, his mind like it always does ended up at Haechan.

Haechan. He drove Mark mad.

Mad in the way mark wanted nothing more than to kiss those stupid,  feisty lips of his. It's been a long time coming if mark is being honest. They've been dancing the line of best friends and something more for a while now. A while being since they were 16 but neither of them have had the balls to do anything about it. 

Breathing out another sigh Mark turns off the water, leaving the bathroom to get ready for the party.

Dressed cute and casual he grabs his phone and heads to the dreamies dorm. He can hear them laughing from where he is in the hall paired with some unnecessarily loud Christmas music. They're definitely going to get a noise complaint by the end of the night.

Pushing open the door he's greeted with the sight of fake trees, lights strung up from one corner to another and the smell of some cookies that are definitely burning in the oven right now. Sounds about right.

Chucking to himself, Mark goes further into the dorm looking for the others or really, one in particular.

Following the sound of laughter he spots Haechan from across the room, looking as beautiful as ever. The red sweater he has on is most definitely Mark's and he feels a smile tugging at his lips at the thought.

They lock eyes and it feels so familiar, and somehow like everything is falling into place. He follows Haechan with his eyes as he turns the corner, his body already moving to bring him towards the other.

He barely registers Jeno and Jaemin as he passes them, sending them a quick 'hey' and an apologetic smile as he practically runs past them. Although they smile between themselves like they know something Mark doesn't. He doesn't think too much of it.

As he turns the corner he sees chenle grabbing jisung's hand laughing as he leads them down the hall. Jisung is beat red and he's got a lipstick smudge on his cheek. Mark will bet it's chenle's lipstick. Cute Mark thinks.

He eventually comes face to face with Haechan. But before Mark can even get a word out, Haechan points up wordlessly. Mark follows the movement only to see a mistletoe hanging above them. Smooth.
But without wasting anytime he laughs as he pulls Haechan's body flush with his. Mark's hand securely around Haechan's waist and the other cupping his jaw gently.

Haechan has a slight blush as he closes his eyes. 'Pretty' is the last thought running through Mark's head before he's slowly he leaning down to press a kiss to the younger's lips. The way they fit together is like puzzle pieces. The press of their lips slot together gently as if were made for each other, almost something like fate Mark thinks.

When the pull apart Mark rests his forehead against the other's, smiling.

"I was hoping you'd kiss me under the mistletoe... and maybe the covers too."
Haechan whispers against Mark's lips, and god Mark has never fallen for someone so hard than the boy in front of him.

"Yeah. Took us long enough." He responds before leaning in again.

—————-
I love markhyuck 🥺
Unedited but keepin the streak!!!