[Chapter 6 pt 3]:The Monster FINAL PART

3RD PERSON POV

Dustin and Mike are riding their bikes to find El and Emma.

"This is weird without Lucas." Dustin says uneasily.

"He should've shaken my hand." Mike responds.

"He's just jealous."

"What are you talking about?"

Dustin looks at Mike as if  he had just spoken Chinese.

"Sometimes you total obliviousness just blows my mind."

Dustin looks at Mike to explain.

"He's you best friend right?"

"Yeah.... I mean I don't know."

"It's fine, I get it. Me and Emma didn't get here until the fourth grade. He had advantage of living next door. But none of that matters.
What matters is that he is your best friend. And  then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement and all you ever want is to pay attention to her."

"That's not true."

"Yes it is and you know it. And he knows it and Emma knows it. But no one ever says anything. Until you both start punching and yelling at each other. Like goblins with intelligence scores of zero. Now everything's weird."

"He's not my best friend."

"Yeah right." Dustin chuckles.

"I mean he is, but so are you and so is Will and Emma."

"Can't have more than one best friend."

"Says who?"

"Says logic."

"Well I go bull on your logic. Because your my best friend too."

"Okay."

They stop to see the store that El stopped by to see the door shattered and police men there.

"Wow"

"You don't think.."

"Uh... definitely.."

They bike away from the scene and continue on their search for El and Emma.

~~~~~~

Lucas brings his bike up the hill with a compass telling him where to go and he finds a fence to a lab.

"Oh man."

He starts to turn left.

~~~~~

Eleven is eating eggos near a tree when she hears yelling from a distance.

"Eleven!"

"El!"

"Eleven!"