[Chapter 8 pt 1]: The Upside Down

3RD PERSON POV

The night sky shimmers with the stars all over it, as the Hawkins lab comes in contact.

Inside a small room in the Hawkins lab Joyce Byers is found struggling with handcuffs on her arm and the chair.

"Let me out of here!!"

"Somebody please!"

She grunts as she tries to break free but its hopeless.

"Let me out!"

She hears the door unlock as a man known as Dr Brenner walks in.

"Your son. We know you've been in contact with him." He says in the shadow of the room.

"You have to let me-" Joyce says but gets interrupted by him.

"When.. and how did you make contact with him."

"What?"

"Hm?"

Joyce scoffs as he questions her.

"Six."

"What?"

"Six.... six people have been taken this week. This thing that took your son.... we don't really understand it. But it's behavior is predictable. Like all animals... it eats. It will take more sons. More daughters..... I want to save them.
I want to save your son. But I can't do that. Not without your help."

"Stop. I know who you are. I know what you've done. You took my boy away from me! You left him in that place to die! You faked his death! We had a funeral. We buried him! And now you're asking me for my help? Go to hell."

~~~~~~~

They Tase hopper as he falls to the ground. Panting.

"Okay what do you know?"

"I'm sorry. Did I stutter? I told you. Everything."

The woman looks at the other man and signals him to tase hopper again.

He spits after they tase him.

"What do you know?" The woman repeated.

"I know you do experience on kidnapped little kids. Whose parents brains you've turned to mush. I also know you have two kids on the loose. And I know you went a little to far this time and messed up in a big way. I mean you really messed up, didn't you? big time. That's why you're trying to cover your tracks. Killed Benny Hammond. You faked Will Byers' death. You made it look like that little girl just ran away. See I told you. I know everything."

"All right who are you working with?"

"Nobody. But I did give all this over to my friend at times. He's going to blow this thing wide open."

They tase him again.

They pick him up and set him on a chair.

"You're just a junkie. A small town cop who had a really bad week. Took too many pills this time." The man said while getting a shot ready.

"You made a mistake coming back here." The woman said.

"No I didn't. Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna let me and Joyce Byers go... you're gonna give us anything we need and we're gonna find her son. Then were going to forget that any of this ever happened."

"Oh is that right?"

"Yeah..... That's right."

~~~~~~
READERS POV

I sit here with the party, not full party. But the party. Bored, as El laid her head on Mikes shoulder. Which I found adorable. As Mike started to get impatient. Fidgeting with his fingers.

It seemed like the final straw hit him and he got up and walked outside. I let him go not following him he probably needed some fresh air or something.

A couple of minutes after he came back speed walking.

"They're gone."

"What?" Me and Lucas said in sync.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His cars gone."

"They're probably sucking faces somewhere." Dustin replies.

I scoffed and punched him on the shoulder.

"Disgusting, hush Dustin."

"No. No way!" Mike added.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked as if Mike knew anything.

"I don't know." He scoffed.

"No."

We all turned towards eleven.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike asked.

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon."

We all gave each other uneasy glances.

SORRY IT WAS SO SHORT.

𝚜𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚎𝚗𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢! 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕. 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎!

☂︎✎𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥✎☂︎