~ Prologue ~

One night at the Castle Town, the Festival of the Sun is being held with fireworks fired up towards the night sky. A large boat comes in with Princess Elise on board, waving to the cheering crowds. Once the boat docks at a large platform overlooked by a large cauldron, she steps off, walking towards a statue. One of the hooded figures then brings in a torch and bestows it to Elise while she looks at it. After a few seconds of staring at the flame, she then visualizes a large blast of fire engulfing Soleanna and her floating into the air as she notices Iblis in the distance emerging from a large crater as it gives a ferocious roar before being snapped back to reality.

"Miss Elise." Lady-in-Waiting said in concern.

"It... It's alright. We give thanks for the blessed flames. May we always continue to have peace. Sun of Soleanna, guide and watch over us with your eternal light..."

Elise lights a flame with the torch that ignites a frame surrounding a pedestal and finally the large cauldron itself. Everyone applauds while more fireworks are launched into the sky. No one notices several missiles streaking out of the sky among the fireworks until it is too late. The missiles land and impact several buildings around Castle Town, causing everyone to instantly go from celebrating to panicking. Elise yelps in shock upon witnessing the carnage to her kingdom. The Egg Carrier then flies over the cauldron and drops off Egg Gunners around Elise and the other figures with her. As they are about to attack, Dr. Eggman appears in his Egg Mobile. The Egg Gunners to the sides of the Egg Mobile glance over as their boss prepares to confront the Soleanna sovereign.

"A pleasure to meet you at last, Princess of Soleanna. I am Dr. Eggman. I've come here to obtain the secret of the Flames of Disaster from you."

Eggman then points to the blue Chaos Emerald that Elise clutches in her hand, which she then presses tightly against her chest in terrified fear.

"And to take the miracle gems that are the keys to its secret... The Chaos Emerald! Now Princess, this way please."

Eggman's points towards his direction and Elise begins to step back in fear. Within a few seconds, blue and light blue hurls begin to appear circling around in the air, blowing up the robes of the bishop and robed figures with Elise. Elise looks around puzzled before her attention is drawn to a protruding piece of debris as two familiar blue and light blue hedgehogs comes to a stop on it.

"My... That's a pretty snazzy performance there."

"Hello, there, princess."

"You... It can't be."

Sonic and Y/N smiles and attacks the Egg Gunners, dispatching them all. The last one they stun with the energy from their earlier attack as it dispels over it before Y/N simply nudges it to tip over and off its perch. They then runs back over next to Elise.

"I'm Sonic. Sonic The Hedgehog!"

Y/N scoops up Elise in her arms.

"And I'm Y/N. Y/N the Hedgehog!"

They then start running and rocket roller skating away.

"Not those irritating hedgehogs again! Attack!" Eggman ordered.

The Egg Gunners begin to fire missiles at Sonic and Y/N as they run and skate away. Elise cries out in fright when some impact dangerously close to Sonic and Y/N as they cause further damage to Castle Town. However, they are able to make it to the rooftops and escape. The mysterious white hedgehog stands over a roof looking towards Sonic.

"I finally found him... the Iblis Trigger!"

He clenches his hand into a fist as he knows what his objective is now. He looks next to Sonic to see Y/N. He couldn't help but be curious about her and founds her rather intriguing. He wonders how close they are and is willing to put an end to this to protect her from Sonic.