~ Chapter 4 ~

Sonic, Y/N, and Tails arrived at a seaport in New City and encounter Knuckles. Knuckles is seen holding a card.

"Knuckles." Sonic said.

"Hi, Knuckles." Y/N greeted with a smile.

"Hi, Y/N. I saw Eggman on the outskirts of the city."

Knuckles hands her the card.

"He wanted to give this to you and Sonic."

Sonic and Y/N looks at the card and a holographic message from Eggman shows up.

"Sonic and Y/N the Hedgehog. If you want me to return the Princess, you must give me your Chaos Emerald. Meet me at my base in White Acropolis."

The recording ends and Y/N hand the card back to Knuckles, who caught it before dropping it and stomping on it with his shoe.

"Huh. He's pretty cocky." Knuckles scoffed and crushed the card.

"It's most definitely a trap. I don't think Eggman will honor his agreement." Tails said.

Y/N looks at the Chaos Emerald and looked at her brother.

"We're going."

Sonic nods in agreement.

"Y/N?" Tails said.

"Since Eggman went to the trouble of telling us where Elise is. I think we should thank him personally." Sonic said.

Y/N turned to see three robots coming down from their flight.

"We've got company, boys."

She brings out her katana and charges one of them and slices them off while Sonic spin dashes at the two robots that are flying.

"Eggman's mechs!" Tails exclaimed.

Knuckles help fight off the robots as he punches them, knocking the robot into each other. As they were fighting, they see big red lasers blocking a big entrance of a cave.

"We'll have to beat all the enemies to get through here."

Y/N nodded and flipped over the robots and slashes them into pieces and threw her katana at another that was coming behind her as it destroyed its core, leaving a hole out in the open. The robots collapsed as Y/N jumped off the falling robot and landed next to her brother and her friends as they had destroyed all of them.

"Good riddance." Knuckles sighed in relief.

"Piece of cake! No sweat." Sonic grinned.

"Let's go. We have Elise to save." Y/N said, already rocket skating ahead of them.

"Hey!" Knuckles exclaimed, running after her.

"Y/N! Wait for us!" Tails said, flying after her along with Sonic who runs along, shaking his head at his sister's impatience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver sits down at the harbor steps in New City, still in wonder over Sonic for a long time. Just then Blaze arrives, and puts her hands on her hips.

"So this is where you are. I've been looking for you."

Silver hears her voice, but turns his head back to the shore, still pondering. She walks up to him on the steps and looks at him closely as he ponders.

"What's wrong?"

Silver sighs.

"Well, uh, Blaze. To kill someone to save the world..."