~ Chapter 2 ~

Dusty, Desert, late afternoon. Inside a chamber of ancient ruins, Elise is sitting. She then gets a thought that she remembered from the past.

"You're a good girl, Elise. Remember, be brave. Don't cry no matter what happens."

Sonic, Y/N, and Tails break into the room. Sonic and Y/N comes in and Tails waves his hand.

"Mr. Sonic! Ms. Y/N!"

"Just call me Sonic."

"And call me Y/N."

Elise hugs Sonic and Y/N.

"Now then, are you OK?"

"I-I'm so glad that you two came..."

"We always keep our word."

"Sonic! Y/N!" Tails shouted.

Sonic, Y/N, Tails, and Elise turn their attention to the Egg Cerberus who is sealed in a caged. It starts to open its mouth as Eggman then appears.

"It looks like those pesky rats has stuck their nose where it doesn't belong. Well, the hedgehogs to be more precise... The Princess is mine until I unlock the secret of the Flames of Disaster."

"Tails!" Sonic said, getting into his fighting stance.

Y/N activated her crystal and powered up her katana.

"Got it! Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll take care of you now. An early breakfast for my pet."

Eggman brought out his Egg-Cerberus as it sniffed the ground a bit and started roaring at them.

"This is your pet, huh?" Sonic said.

"Alright, Eggman, we'll play with him." Y/N said.

Y/N and Sonic began rocket roller skating and running towards Egg-Cerberus. It quickly jumped away with them on its trail. They jumped onto its tail and goes up to its orange glowing pointy thing from the head and held onto it. Egg-Cerberus started running around, trying to push Sonic and Y/N off of its head.

"Sonic, Y/N! Make him run into something!" Tails said.

"Okay!" Y/N nodded.

Her and Sonic made the robot ram into the tallest statue hard.

"Hey, we can finally see your face! Now it's our turn!" Sonic said after they got off of Egg-Cerberus.

Egg-Cerberus shook its head at the hard impact. Sonic and Y/N zoomed in to where the robot had crashed into and boosted themselves up in the air and was about to hit it when it jumped to the top. It stared at them for a moment as they got ready. It then jumped off and the hedgehog siblings quickly jumped to avoid a hard wind that was created from the impact. Sonic and Y/N jumped up on its tail to its orange pointy head again and held on.

"Hmph! Come on! Listen to us!" Y/N grunted as they were being rocked back and forth.

The robot ram into the tallest statue again as Sonic and Y/N jumped off of it. The Egg-Cerberus was now defeated after getting hit again hard from the statue that barely left a crack.

"Sonic! Y/N! I won't let you two get away!!" Eggman growled as his robot gave a last roar and collapsed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the sunset of Dusty Desert, a large board of Egg Gunner robots, led by a trio of Egg Stingers are flying towards somewhere, possibly towards Sonic, Y/N, Tails, and Elise.