6

Cream brûlée; Narcissa Malfoy's favourite dessert. Personally, Draco found it tad bit too sweet for his taste, but if his mother was happy to see him eating it, he'd have to take it.

They were currently having one of their many weekly tea meetings at Malfoy Manor, where they gave each other updates on their lives. Draco would tell her all about 'Saint Potter!' and she'd tell him all about how Harley Parkinson was a 'shallow two-faced woman!'

"Well, Draco, you're definitely of age where your natural instincts take on." Narcissa started off, which made Draco cringe inwardly at her choice of phrasing.

"What are you implying?" He awkwardly replied, praying to Merlin that she wasn't talking about what he'd assumed.

"Oh, come on, Draco! You know what I mean, I didn't raise a daft boy, now did I?" Narcissa chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows at him humorously.

"Okay, I know I know! Just making sure." He tried to control his demeanour, though he struggled to keep a straight face, blushing slightly with a tiny smile growing on his face.

"Ahah! I know that look, so tell me," she gave him a suggestive look, "who's the lucky girl? Or guy, no judgement here, I went out with a girl when I was your age so no big deal but perhaps your father wouldn't approve but I personally-" her rambling was then cut off immediately as Draco didn't want to hear her rant further on about her past sex life.

"Okay! There's a girl." He sighed out in defeat, though the smile he was trying so hard to hide and slowly started creeping back onto to his face.

"Oh?" Narcissa's eyes widened in curiosity, suddenly sparkling with even more interest.

"Do I know this girl? Now don't tell me it's Pansy Parkinson, I honestly despise that girl, exactly like her mother that one." Narcissa shook her head in disapproval at the thought of Pansy.

"It isn't, mother. It's L/n, though I don't know if it really counts as a relationship to be honest."

"Well, then is it just a crush? I knew you were acquaintances but I'd never thought that you'd be in a relationship, though now that I think of it, you do seem like a great match.." She took a sip of her tea, thoughts of Draco and Y/n together as a couple already spiralling through her head.

"Well, we're not just friends, certainly more than that, I'm just not sure wether or not she'd like me to be telling people of this." He replied hesitantly, not wanting to get rid of his mother's sheer excitement about the subject.

"Hmm~ I see, is it something scandalous, friends with benefits? Is that what you lot call it? Though usually that never works out, they'll end up being lovers in the end anyways."

Draco turned red at his mother's remark, he realised that she could be a little bit too forward sometimes, just saying whatever it was that came to mind.

"I'm just so happy Draco! It seems for the first time you've actually found someone that made you this happy, look at you, all gushy and flustered! I really need to meet this L/n girl, I'm quite sure her parents were invited to the banquet I threw last week.."

"Well, I won't keep you any longer, you've got to get back to school." They bid each other goodbye and Draco returned to Hogwarts.

***

Draco Malfoy was currently finishing up his homework for the day at his oak wood desk, scribbling out each word with full concentration, occasionally dipping the quill into the ink pot every now and then.

He was abruptly interrupted by an obnoxiously loud and annoying chirping noise coming from his dormitory window, turning his head to look towards it, he sneered at the cheery owl that was responsible for the noise.

"Shut up." He mumbled under his breath as he opened the window. While collecting the small roll of parchment attached to the owl's foot, he fed it a few treats to keep it quiet.

Slowly unrolling the parchment, he read the short and straight to the point note.

Draco,
Meet me in the RoR tonight right after dinner.
-Y/n

He squealed lightly at the note he'd just received, luckily no one was in the dormitory, meaning nobody would have to hear the embarrassingly high pitched noise he had just made.

She didn't state why she had asked him to meet her, though he was still excited for it nonetheless.

Y/n wasn't anywhere to be seen at the great hall during dinner time, that bugged Draco slightly. Was she okay? Was she sick? Did somebody kidnap her? Many unrealistic and unnerving thoughts came to mind, causing Draco to panic slightly.

"Malfoy? You okay? You seem a little shaken up." Theodore nudged his shoulder lightly, taking him out of his trance.

"Yeah uh, I'm fine. I'll go back to the dorm early." Draco replied, quickly gathering his book bag and walking out of the great hall swiftly.

Draco decided that he didn't want to wait till dinner time was over, he wanted to go to the Room of Requirements now.

Walking past the familiar corridors, his anxious footsteps came to a halt when he spotted the familiar door; exactly as it was the first time Y/n asked him to meet her here.

He let out a shaky sigh, reaching his hand out to open the door.

He opened it to reveal the exact same furniture that he'd seen once before, with Y/n seated on the black leather couch.

"I knew you wouldn't be able to wait till dinner was over. Needy little slut aren't you?" Y/n chuckled, eyeing him with a smirk.