Knock Knock, Housekeeping

America liked to watch movies, but not with his kids. That may sound bad. But listen. Over fifty kids. In the same room.
  No one was even watching The Emperor's New Groove, the states were busy talking in giggles and whispers. And the younger states and territories crawled all over him. It didn't bother America too much, but with the chatter and the tv noise and the territories using his person as a jungle gym- it really didn't add up well.
He let it slide though.
"Dad!" Hawaii yelled right in his ear.
America forced himself to not yell back. "Inside voice."
"Oh ya." Hawaii blinked. "Dad?"
"Yes?"
"Can we invite people over?"
America sighed. "You already know the answer to that."
Hawaii pouted. "But why not."
America raised his hands to his temples. "Because we don't want to spread the virus. And we also need to set an example. We have to follow our own rules."
Hawaii looked up at him with big eyes. "But we can't get the virus! And humans don't even know we exist!"
"But it might hurt you guys more."
Hawaii snorted. "But I'm booorrrrreeedddd."
"Then watch the show." America turned away to pry Guam off his leg.
"Uhhhggggg." Hawaii flopped down dramatically on the couch. "Can we just please have someone over? It can even be one of your boring friends."
America wrinkled where his nose should be. "My friends aren't boring."
"All grown-ups are boring," Florida said, balancing on the top of the couch. "You always have to do what they say and then when you try to do anything fun they get all worried." He wobbled slightly and nearly fell on America's head.
America stood up and plucked him off the top of the couch. "Be careful."
Florida wiggled around as America set him down. "See!" He grumbled. "Boring."
"I am not boring." America grumbled.
"Then let us have someone over so we can bother them!" Florida grinned a toothy grin.
The country sat back down (almost on Nebraska's head). "Tell you what. I'll invite NASA and NATO over on one condition."
This phrase caught the state's attention. "What?" Florida said cautiously.
"Clean the entire house."
A chorus of groans filled the room.
"But pa!"
"The WHOLE house!"
America let out a fake sigh. "Alright. I guess NASA won't tell you about finding water on the moon. And NATO won't play Minecraft or Zelda with any of you until after UN says we can start socializing again."
The states went quiet for a moment.
"You're not joking?" Florida tilted his head. "It's not a trick?"
"Nope." America stretched his arm out to ruffle Florida's hair. Florida giggled and swat his hand away.
Hawaii frowned slightly, chewing on her lip. "We need to consult."
The states turned around and huddled, their voices in hushed whispers. Nevada stayed next to America, using his mind-reading to listen in.
"Alright." Maryland said.
Alabama nodded. "We've decided."
"We accept your offer." Connecticut folded her arms.
America smiled. "I'll let them know they'll be coming over for dinner tonight. I can easily cancel, so chip chop chip."
The states zoomed off into different directions, leaving America alone on the couch. He picked his phone off of the little stone table.

NASA

wanna come over and
eat dinner tonight?

Uh ya ive been waiting to
you about water on the moon
why did you wait so long

been busy

oh ya 2020
ill be over at 6
oh is anyone else coming

Asking nato

SWEET

  America smiled.

NATO

Hey come over for dinner tonight?

Sounds good. Whatever
happened to listening to UN?

haha I never said that
(I decided to start breaking
the rules again)