Lord of The Pies

NATO was taller than America remembered.
The military organization was America's height, with a stoic expert on his blue and white face. He was wearing simple military get up.
NATO gave a protocol salute, and America mimicked it back. They held for a couple of seconds, but a few moments after they were hugging.
"I missed you Dad."
"And I missed you, son."
NATO pulled away. "Is NASA here yet?"
"No, you're first." America gave the organizations shoulder a pat.
NATO snorted. "He's always a bit late isn't he?"
"Just by a bit."
America lead NATO into the dinning hall, where the state's excited chatter almost abruptly stopped.
"NATO!"
"GET HIM!"
NATO looked alarmed as America stepped out of the way, the states swarming the organization.
NATO yelped and tried to get away, but the grip of the states and territories held firm. There ended up being a pile of children on top of NATO, and eventually he succumbed to the mass of screaming kids.
"Missed you." Hawaii poked at his face, and NATO growled softly. She just giggled.
A loud knock at the door captured America's attention. He flew over to the door and yanked it open.
NASA stood there in baggy jeans and a hoodie. He grinned up at his father with his sparkling night-sky eyes.
He hugged his father immediately. "Aye, Dad!"
"Aye kiddo." America grinned. "I'm afraid we have to go save NATO." He pulled back from the hug and looked over his shoulder. "Before he dies of smothering."
NASA walked towards the growing pile of states, his arms open wide. "Sacrifice!"

Soon everyone was seated around the table, NASA deep into one of his tales. America's mind was far from water on the moon though.
How's dinner going?
Good. Dixie's gruff voice said in his head.
A moment of silence.
So I just... Walk out?
Ya. I'll introduce you. They don't really know of you, so NATO will be on guard and NASA won't have any guard up at all.
So don't be a jerk. Got it.
"Dad are you listening?"
"Hm?" America said. "Sorry I spaced out."
NASA nodded and was about to continue, but was interrupted as the kitchen door swung open.
"Dinner's ready." Dixie said, looking a bit awkward as he wiped his hands on the apron he was wearing.
America stood up so all the attention would be drawn back to him. "NASA, NATO, this is Dixie."
As America expected, NATO narrowed his eyes slightly and NASA looked rather interested.
"Hi." Dixie bit his lip. "I'm your uncle, I guess."
"Hi." NASA gave him a pleasant smile.
NATO grunted a hello.
America clapped his hands together. "Well, let's eat."
Some of the territories helped Dixie bring in the eight pots full of spaghetti noodles, and he caught a few of them looking at him with curiosity.
"What's wrong with your wists?" little Guam said, eyeing the bandages that were clumisly wrapped around his lower forearm.
"Er," Dixie said, trying to find a way to put it in a way the territory would understand. "I let some bad things happen to people once. And now I'm paying the price."
"Oh." Guam blinked. "That's a bit sad."
Dixie only shrugged.
Soon they were all gathered around the table, happily chewing and gnawing away at their over cooked breadsticks.
"Hey ya didn' burn the noodles this time!" Georgia said as he scooped some sauce onto his plate.
"Well I didn't cook the noodles." Dixie smiled slightly. "Your pa did that."
America grinned.
So they went about eating, NASA continuing with his story, America making sure he listened intently. Dixie seemed a bit stiff, but he loosened up. And even laughed a bit.
"Oh boy." Dixie poked his last meat balk with his fork. "The look on your face the first time you saw me."
"Well it was a bit of a surprise." America took a swing of his water. "I didn't know that you existed."
"Aye that's how love at first sight works, huh?" America chuckled at NASA's remark.
"Speaking of love at first sight." Dixie smirked. "Today's Tuesday, isn't it? Isn't there a certain lady you should be calling?"
America whirled out of his seat, desperate to get away from the conversation and teasing he knew was about to come up. "I think we have some pie in the fridge! Anyone else want some?"
He was already through the kitchen door before anyone could answer him. America yanked open the fridge and began to look for that apple pie. He heard steps behind him.
"Tease me all you like Dixie," America said, grabbing the three left over pies and began to turn around. "but me and Japan are just friends. Got it? Just friends."
"Ya ya, whatever." Dixie poked him teasingly in the back. "We have a bit more pie in the second refrigerator in the garage. Want we to go get it?"
America stood up and closed the fridge with his leg. "Yes, please."
He carried the pie into the dining room, where a bunch of states were craining their necks to see.
"Don't go too crazy." The country set the pies down on the table, standing back as the kids swarmed the delectable slices of heaven.
"I AM THE LORD OF THE PIES!" Florida screeched, grabbing a whole pie and running towards the stairs.
America shook his head as a sea of states ran after the sunshine state.
Deciding that he should get some forks, he headed back to the kitchen and pulled open a door.
He heard some footsteps. "You got the pies Dix-"
America stood wide eyed at the creature that was standing where he thought Dixie stood.
It was back.
"Couldn't even let me have a nice evening with my family, could you?"
The Shadow smiled, its strange dark features morphing and twisting. "I wanted to mess with you one last time."
Dixie. We may have a problem.
Whaddya mean?
Our shadow friend is back.
Dixie burst through the door, holding some more pies under his large arm. The figure turned around.
"Ah." It said in its deep voice. "Battle Flag. Just what I came here to get."
Dixie arched a brow at the shadow. "Why didn't we feel you?"
It grinned. Then chuckled. "I can control when that happens. I wanted to be sneaky this time."
America narrowed his eyes. "And I still can't touch you?"
It tilted its head. "Yes. That is correct."
"What do you want." Dixie was in a defensive position, placing himself in front of the door.
The figure walked towards the counter, its strange feet making click click click sounds as it did so. Then slowly ran its hand through the rack of knives. The knives handles passed through the things hand, all except one. The Shadow pulled it out.
"You, dear Dixie." It ran its hands down the blade. "I am here to get you."