Chapter Three: An "Accidental" Encounter

Tobio Kageyama's POV:

It has already been 11 months since I last saw Hinata. To be honest... I kind of... miss him... Well. Not really. May is still better than him. He's a cheater... But, is May right?... I mean... Her evidence can be fabricated, right?... But that's impossible!

May is a sweet and kind girl! She can never lie and fabricate stuff to blame another! Hmph! Tobio! Open up your eyes! You're with May now. You're happy. Forget about that 'cheater'— May's better than him... 

Sighing, I got distracted again and missed the ball that is coming towards my direction. I really can't help thinking about that boke... It's almost a year since he just disappeared in thin air. No one knew where he was or where he went.

He just vanished...

At first, everyone was so focused on finding since he was the team's only chance to win against Inarizaki, Kamomedai and Itachiyama, but they started to shrug it off and started to train even harder to beat the other teams on their own without relying to a fake.

At first, I thought that Hinata left because he knew that we knew his real self, but looking back, that wasn't the point, isn't it...?

A lot has happened since his disappearance, others even report it to the police that he was missing, but the police denied it and didn't take the case which was weird. But nevermind that stupid tangerine! Now, let's focus to the real part.

Everyone is now currently in a practice match against May's team. The Fudoraion Volleyball Team. It is said that their school is made by a foreigner that stayed here in Japan after meeting her husband. Yes. The owner of the school is a woman, and it's rather cool.

May said that the school's name means Fudo (God of Fire and Wisdom) and Raion (Lion). She also said that the students live in the school's name, meaning to say, they are representing their school with their blazing aptness and the strength of the lion, the king of the savannah.

Isn't that cool? I can say it's cool to have a practice match with them. But what's their problem? They keep glaring at us since we arrived, especially their captain and their vice-captain. Are they jealous that I'm May's boyfriend? Yep. That might be it. May is beautiful and smart, and they've known her since she got here, so it's only reasonable for them to be jealous. But they must understand that May is mine.

But, I must say that their skills are good— No. Incomparable against us, Karasuno. Our skills are no match for them. It's like they're on the next level already. They're also tall, except for that light blue? haired guy. He may be short, but he's scary! He keeps on popping here and there and no body seems to notice that he's there. Is he a ghost of something?

But, going back. Fudoraion is indeed full of talented players like Shiratorizawa and Aoba Johsai, I must say. They have been winning each set since the very start. And now, we're on a 30 minute break, because we've been playing non-stop earlier, so I guess we do need it.

To be honest, we can't score a point that easily as they excel in both offence and defense. Their planning mechanism is also off the hook, and their observations are sharp.

The only way to win is to find their weak or view point. If we put our self in their place, we can imagine what they'll be planning. But, even that isn't easy. Only Tsukishima can think and come up with ideas on how to beat them, but lately, he's been so quiet that even Yamaguchi is worried for him. He also stopped bickering with me which is weird. But nevermind him, I don't even know what's he's thinking about.

————————————————————

"Yo! Guys!" Ryūnosuke Tanaka, my upper-classman called out. We are currently huddling, discussing plans here and there while drinking our water bottles and wiping off our sweats.