chapter one

It was hard, Jeongguk thinks, unfair even, that he lived in a flat with six other men and they didn't know what kind of shit they put him through everyday. It wasn't the annoying kind of shit like waking him up too early on their very rare days off because they were being too loud (they do do that too though), or mixing up their laundry with his (he's particular with how he does his washing, and they messed up his whites and his colours too often), or even when they argue with him about stupid petty stuff that doesn't matter (that happens a lot, too). It's worse than that. Jeongguk isn't bothered by the lack of privacy in the flat, they each respect each other's space for the most part — but that's the problem. He sometimes wished they didn't.

Sure, he liked being alone. Sure, he enjoyed his time without the others. But sometimes dammit he wished they would invade his privacy more than just accidentally walking in on him in the shower to just apologise profoundly and leave because for fucks sakes sometimes he wanted them to just stay.

But then he feels bad about thinking that, wanting that, because they all have very clear boundaries and that would perhaps be crossing it but fuck — he can't help it. It's in his blood. Is literally in his DNA.

He can't help that he's a succubus, and that no one knows.

Jeongguk should have told them, really. Years ago. But every time he had tried to he just couldn't get the words out. How was he meant to tell his friends that he was a sex demon from hell? It was all made worst too, because he was the youngest, he was seen as innocent, even though that was very (oh my god, very much so) far from the truth.

He even felt guilty doing what his kind do — feeding on words. Their words. Jeongguk couldn't help it, the minute they spoke Jeongguk would eat the words before he could think about stopping himself. If he didn't he would die, anyway, so he didn't have much of a choice. Jeongguk supposed he should count himself lucky he wasn't a higher level succubus that literally need to fuck to survive, then he'd be in a lot more trouble than he is now. Although sex words were the best and could sustain him for the longest, he could live off other words so it wasn't a big deal.

But still, this tricky predicament he was in was entirely and completely his fault and his doing, so he didn't really have a right to complain.

But fuck you, Namjoon, for always walking around shirtless.

It was hard, being a succubus and then being surrounded by six attractive men you couldn't touch.

Torture, really.

Jeongguk felt like crying about it, sometimes. Like right now — having Namjoon just feet away, with his golden tan skin glowing in the early morning light, buff pecks and tummy unblemished and smooth so close yet so far out of reach — entirely unobtainable. Pure torture, Jeongguk thinks with a pout, looking away because if he stared too long he'd get caught and then teased and it'd be a whole fiasco that he wanted to avoid.

Still, it was better than hoseok. Hoseok literally walked around butt ass naked, ass to the wind without a care in the world. They'd always tease Jeongguk about how he'd always leave the room with red cheeks whenever he saw Hoseok like that, saying he was a cute little virgin who couldn't even bare to see his friend naked. But Jeongguk always has to leave because he'd scared his eyes are about to start glowing and he won't be able to control himself jumping at the elder like a starved fucking animal, not because he doesn't want to look at hoseoks bare ass. Because he did. Fuck, he did.

He's sick. He's being tortured, and it isn't fair.

"Gguk-ah!"

Jeongguk jumps and looks back at Namjoon, who's much closer now and still without a shirt. Good god. He can't help his flaming cheeks as he meets namjoons curious eyes. "Hm?" Is all he can manage, pathetic, really.