#12

| Allie |

No one knew where he came from.

One minute , I was trying to knock some sense in the guy and the other minute he was on the floor, gasping.

He descended like a storm.

15 minutes back:

I was waiting for Mia when I saw a body making its way towards me . At first I thought, it must be her but since when did Mia have a muscular body?

The it wasn't a girl.

It was a guy .

I'm a person who believes on gut feeling , sixth sense. Women are blessed with the sixth eye and the second I saw him, I could feel my stomach twist.

It was a message.

Run.

Wildly, I looked around to see if I could spot someone familiar? If things went south who's going to help me? Who's going to help the girl standing in the corner?

Isn't it sad that a girl always have to look for an escape route no matter where she is?

I could find no one. .

And then he got near, near enough to reach out and touch me. The foxy glint in his eyes made my lips dry. I'm not a coward , I could stand my own ground but this? This was beyond me. I have heard horrible stories about parties like these . .

I thought only drunk girls get in trouble but no. .

"I saw you from afar and couldn't help but notice how. ." His eyes went up and down my body , " hot you are."

Involuntarily, I crossed my arms against my chest as if it would protect me from his X-raying eyes.

I didn't know what to say to that so all I did was stare.

His smile slipped a little, clearly not knowing what to say next.

How do I tell him to get out of my face without offending him?

"Anyways," he cleared his throat, his smile back on his face, " I wanted to have a dance with you ."

His whole sentence sounded wrong.

Wasn't it can I please have a dance with you? Seemed liked he made up his mind to get me on the floor without consulting me?

He was starring expectingly.

Slowly, I shook my head. "No thank you." I said it as politely as I could.

He rolled his eyes.

"Listen I know girl of your category kay? The playing hard to get. .it's just a stupid dance." He sounded exasperated, his whole i-am-a-nice-guy aura changing right away.

"I'm not playing at anything. I don't want to dance." I said, this time loudly.

I thought he didn't hear me over the music so i said it pretty much loud.

We were standing in the dark corner, I chose this place because it was the safest place I could find at a raging party. The neon lights hitting his back, making him look scary.

With an absent mind, I took a step back, my back hitting the cold wall behind me.

"Sweetheart, " he took a step towards me cutting off my escape route , cutting me off from the party, " live a little. It's just a dance . ." He came closer , his body heat closing in on me.

I could feel the difference between him and Dennis. Dennis never stepped over a certain limit, he never violated my space . . .I hated him and yet I feel the safest when he was around me.